LVII

You can do this too...I was homeless a few years back. Now it ain't no looking back. Every nigga in my circle make at least 100 racks.
-Joey Fatts

• If You Wanna Be The Boss, Gotta Pay the Cost •

If You Wanna Be The Boss, Gotta Pay the Cost •

Dyme
Long Beach, CA.
A Year Later...

I park in Matika and Marcel's circular driveway putting the car in park

I park in Matika and Marcel's circular driveway putting the car in park. I look at all of the luxurious cars parked in their driveway knowing it's about to be a party full of kids with rich parents who attend the same private school as our kids or the kids of people in the industry. Did I feel like coming? No, but this party was for Marcel and Matika's daughter, Riva, who's turning three years old today.

I open the butterfly door on the Lamborghini Aventador GT, grab my purse then get out. I push the seat up waiting for both Jodie and Stevie to get out of the car once they unbuckle themselves from their car seats. As they do that I grab my over sized jean jacket putting it on over my outfit. "Do you have the gifts?" I ask putting the seat back then closing the door. Jodie holds up her gift bag and Stevie holds up his box wrapped in gold wrapping paper. Once again I found myself going to a family event missing the man of my family. I was already ready to be asked a million times 'Where's Joey?' The answer is always the same...Either I don't know or he's working.

I was starting to feel like a single mother. I was even beginning to wonder why we even got married? I felt like a damn side chick he knocked up by accident and he can't be seen in public with me. This past year hasn't been easy for us relationship wise. I have thought about divorcing Joey many times, but I haven't went through with it. It felt like I was staying for the kids at this point because the love was dwindling. Is leaving someone because they work too much a good enough reason? There's women out there being cheated on by their man, getting babies had on them, and abused. What am I really complaining about?

But there's no reason I should feel alone in a marriage or as a parent. When Joey is around he's super distant. I don't even know what the problem is with him. Maybe we just need to go to counseling..