LIII

Just hold me down.
-Joey Fatts

• All a Nigga Got •

• All a Nigga Got •

Joey
Los Angeles, CA.

I walk around my store looking around as my employees work

I walk around my store looking around as my employees work. They're putting the clothes back on the racks, back on the displays and back on the mannequins. We had been closed for nearly a month after I was arrested and I finally had permission to open again. I was just happy to get back to making money. I had so many plans for my clothing line. When I said Cutthroat was more than a label, I wasn't lying. It was a brand, a lifestyle. My vision was to make everything I did huge.

When I see everything is running smoothly I decide to step out of the store. I walk outside seeing them re-doing the mural. They had painted over what was once a tribute to Yams, Lil Lottie, my father and my brother. It was now being replaced with a painting of Marcel with him behind bars saying to free him. He has been sitting in jail for awhile with no trial and I was just waiting for it to be over, so we can know what's going to happen to him. Hopefully the outcome was him being found not guilty and free to come home.

I know he did it, but no one knew all the things Marcel's father put him and family through. Some people you just can't feel sorry for and Nate Young was one of them.

I pull a blunt and my lighter from my pocket staring down the street and that's when I look at Char's store, Her Favorite L.A. I had been meaning to go by there for awhile and talk to her about this whole Maurice situation, but I had my own issues I needed to resolve. I stick the lighter and blunt back into the pocket of my jeans then start down the street. My store was in a prime location in L.A. on a street filled with nothing, but small businesses such as clothing stores and little restaurants. If you wanted to start your own business and succeed this was the place to be. I wasn't surprised Char opened her own store and was doing well. I was glad she is. She's been through a lot, but that doesn't mean keep your child away from their father. If Dyme did that to me, I would lose my mind.

The closer I get to her store I see a white Porsche pull into a parking spot. That's when I realize it's actually Char in the car. She must be doing really well for herself. No wonder she doesn't think she needs Marcel's help. At least she's not one of those baby mama's tryna suck everything out of a nigga just because her baby daddy is somebody, I'll give her that.