XV

I just wanna hear your voice & tell you how much I love you, that's all.
-Joey Fatts

• Always Strive And Prosper •

Late 2014

Joey.
Los Angeles, CA.

I sat behind the boards in the studio watching as one of my artists and friends, Aston Matthews was in the booth

I sat behind the boards in the studio watching as one of my artists and friends, Aston Matthews was in the booth. I leaned back in the chair putting my hand on my chin going into deep thought.

Even after going on tour with A$AP Rocky and producing for him, it still felt like something was missing. Yams now managed me, I lived with them, I've put a a new mixtape out and I've produced for a couple of big people. That was all good and fine, but I still felt alone. How could you be around people everyday, but still feel alone?

I've never been close to my family despite what it seems. I was always the black sheep. The three men I looked up to got killed and my mother was an alcoholic. She didn't pay attention to me growing up, so I looked for that attention in my fellow 2N family. All I ever had was football outside of gang banging and I fucked that up.

I might've felt like a black sheep, but Marcel was too. That's why we clicked and became so close. We both felt like we didn't belong. Now he's doing his thing and I'm doing mine. Sometimes we run into each other, we say wassup, but it's not like how it used to be. I apologized and that's all I can say. I know what I did was fucked up, so I'm not expecting us to go back to the way things were like it never happened.

Then Deja. I knew for a fact she wasn't going to take me back and she didn't. I fucked her sister like a dumb ass thinking she wouldn't find out. I haven't seen or talked to her in months, but I still remember that look on her face the last time I saw her...The pain her voice, the sorrow in her eyes. There's no coming back from that type of hurt or betrayal and I knew that. The only girl I ever loved and probably will ever and I fucked it up. Fucking bitches gets old quick and I realized that in just the first couple of months of being in the 'industry.'