XXXI

Be a force, not a burden.
-Joey Fatts

• Keep It Pushing •

• Keep It Pushing •

2015.

Deja.
Long Beach, CA.

I sit in the living room watching tv since it's my  day off when I hear the front door open

I sit in the living room watching tv since it's my  day off when I hear the front door open. When Joey walks in with shopping bags I say, "Hey." He says it back going to the dining room table putting the bags he had down. "What's that?" I ask.

"Dyme's baby shower gifts."

I roll my eyes then say, "That's already happening?"

"Yup, this weekend." He says as I stand up walking over to him.

"That's going to be the last time you see her, right?"

"Uh, no. Why would that be the last time I see her?" He asks in confusion.

"We talked about this. You said you would distance yourself from her. Remember?"

"I said that, but I didn't mean it. I was just mad at her. Why would I do that? I'm the god father to her child."

"Exactly. God father, not the actual father. Look at all this stuff you bought as if it's your damn baby!" I say with an attitude.

"She might as well be. She doesn't have any other father figure. You know that. Look, you might not get it because you and Dyme aren't cool right now, but she needs me more than ever. You do understand she's going through a pregnancy alone, right?"

"And? Nobody told her to get knocked up in the first place. She should've chosen who she got pregnant by a little more carefully and maybe she wouldn't be a single mother."