Daddy Issues

Klaus watched Audrey walk away and was tempted to go after her. Except, he didn't have an answer for her question. He still didn't know why he saved her life that night, all he knew, was that ever since he left Mystic Falls the brunette human never left his mind either. The whole time he was away creating hybrids his focus was split between that and Audrey. He even dreamed of her at one point. He didn't know what the hell was happening, but the moment he saw her in the crowd tonight it was like breathing for the first time. He wasn't suppose to think like this. "Klaus," Tony, one of his hybrids, called out. Klaus switched his attention to him to see his hybrid motioning towards Elena Gilbert walking out to look at the band. Klaus smirked and sauntered over to the doppelgänger. Except, it wasn't the one he thought.

       "Where's your date?" Klaus asked.

       "Getting me a drink," Katherine, who was pretending to be Elena, answered. Klaus offered her his drink but she rejected it.

       "Well, seems I have you to thank for Mikael's demise," Klaus chuckled, taking a sip of his beer. Katherine was tempted to smirk at him but she knew it was very un-Elena like.

       "Actually, you should be thanking my little sister," Katherine teased. Klaus's expression changed to one of shock. "Not what you expected right? You know how she is. She'll jump in front of anyone and when Mikael came at me, that's exactly what she did. Luckily, she had a stake on her," Surprised couldn't even describe what Klaus was feeling.

       "Impressive," He muttered, clearing his throat. "It's not easy for a human to dagger an Original,"

       "It wasn't the first time," Katherine replied, staring him down. Years of running away from this man meant she knew him. He was confused, obviously, but there was something else he was feeling too. Admiration? Katherine couldn't tell.

       "Right. Elijah," Klaus laughed, shaking his head. "You seem nervous,"

       "I'm not nervous. I just don't like you," Katherine lied.

       "Let's get this straight to the point then, shall I, love? People have been after me for 1000 years. And I am always one step ahead. So whatever it is you're thinking of trying, go for it, give it your best shot. You won't succeed," Klaus taunted.

       "It won't be for lack of trying," Katherine snapped back. Her anger getting the best of her.

       "Ah, you'd be smart to tell Damon to mind his manners tonight, because if I die, I've already ensured that he'll die along with me! Even in death my hybrids have their orders. So, you kill me you're killing him too," Katherine's eyes widened at the new information and she watched Klaus saunter away. Because of her soft spot for Damon she knew she had to stop this plan from happening or at least get someone else to stop it. She knew exactly who to do it too. Klaus was still trying to process his new information as he walked into the house. Audrey was the one to dagger Mikael? The warmth he'd felt for her deepened. He caught sight of her sitting by a window alone. She seemed to be drinking her sorrow away, or maybe her frustrations. He couldn't tell. Klaus approached the human with confidence and smirked when she threw her empty cup in anger. She still had yet to see him, but their pull had her sensing him.

       "Do you have a stupid answer for my stupid question yet?" She asked, slurring slightly. Klaus chuckled and took a seat next to her. Her eyes trailed over to him and despite being mad at him, she still checked him out. If anyone could pull off a tux, it was Klaus.

       "You killed Mikael," Klaus stated. "I'm impressed,"

       "That's not an answer and you know it!" She shouted, pointing a finger at him. Klaus was smiling at her and not in a teasing way either. Audrey was a mess, but he still admired her.