Chapter 36:Home

I can't deny it, being in Jamaica has been great. And spending the time with Trey has made it even better.

I found out things that I wish weren't true but they are and I have to face reality, no matter how shocking the news was.

My parents have been staying in separate rooms. From what I've been seeing, they haven't said a word to each other. Well, my father has tried, but my mom just ignores him, so he stopped trying.

I haven't really spoken to either of them. I honestly have nothing to say to them.

I'm going to college in a week and Trey's going to start working. I want to get an apartment soon so I can avoid the awkward silence around my parents. Trey didn't disagree to my apartment idea, and his mom already knows about us. So when we get home, I'll tell my parents and then we can get out of there.

I hope this goes smoothly.

A knock on my door breaks my train of thought.

I open it and Trey looks down at me with a half smile.

"Hi." He says and I smile involuntarily.

"Hey." I tell him and pull him in by his shirt.

I then wrap my arms around his waist and he lowers his head and places a kiss on my lips, then my forehead.

"Finished packing?" He asks me.

"Almost. I don't wanna go." I whine.

"Me neither baby, but you have school and I have work. We have to."

"I know." I whine again and let go of him to finish packing.

He sits on the bed and watches me.

"I'm gonna tell them." I say to him.

He looks at me slightly confused.

"My parents, about us." I clarify.

"You sure you wanna do that?" He asks.

"Yes. I need to. Then we can get an apartment together. I don't want to be around them for much longer." I tell him.

He opens his mouth as if he's about to say something, but doesn't.

"What?" I ask him as I fold and pack the last shorts.

"They're gonna hate my guts when we tell them." He says.

"Does it matter whether or not they like you? It won't affect our relationship so whatever." I tell him.

"It's just that they've done so much for my mom and I and I feel like I'm betraying them." He says.

"Who's side are you on Trey? Mine or theirs?" I ask him, getting upset.

"Babe I'm not saying I support what they did, but I don't want them to think I don't appreciate what they've done for me." He says.

"Do you want to move out with me or not. That's what I wanna know." I ask him.

"You know damn well that I want to. I just don't know if I should." He says.

"What do you mean you don't know Trey." I walk towards him. "Aren't you tired of sneaking around to be with me?"

"I am. I just need a little more time to think about this."

"Fine. You can think about it on the plane." I tell him and fold my arms across my chest.

He doesn't say anything. He just sighs and looks at me like I'm the most stubborn person he's ever met.