Chapter 2:New Home

Today is my last exam and officially my last day of high school so I guess that makes me feel a little better right now.

"Mom where are we gonna live?" I ask , she isn't hollering anymore but she's still sobbing.

"I don't.. know Trey...I just..I don't know" She mutters between sobs. I sigh and hold her again.

We sit on a bench near what used to be our home. I need to get to school by ten for my final exam and it's already 8:30. Shit.

"I'm sure Mrs James would allow us to stay there for a while, until we can get back on our feet, you know?" she sniffs.
Mrs James is my mom's employer and good friend. She has been their chef for as long as I can recall.

"Yea, here." I hand her my phone "call her." And she did.
Mrs James, being the kind lady that she is showed much sympathy and said we could stay there for as long as we wanted.

This made butterflies escape in my stomach. All I could think about was Kelly James, my crush since kindergarten. I know that sounds cliché, but that's just how it is. I was so distracted, I didn't hear my mom's question.

"Huh?"

"Today's your last day right?" She asks with a trembling voice.

"Yea it is" I tell her

"Well then lets go over to the James' house to get you ready."

When we arrive at our new temporary home, we were greeted by Mrs James with sympathetic hugs and words of reassurance.

"Trey darling, you should go and get ready for school. I'm sure Cory has a few new T-shirts and jeans. I'll go fetch them for you." She offers kindly

"Thank you ma'am"

"Just call me Susan"

"Okay thanks very much Susan." I tell her gratefully.

After expressing my gratitude to Susan I showered and changed into the clothes that were set out on the bed for me. Of course, they weren't a perfect fit but they didn't look horrible on me.

"Trey! Breakfast" Thank God, I'm starving
I step out of the room that will be mine for a while and then that's when I see her. Kelly.

Her long dark hair flowed down her back like a waterfall. Her beautiful skin looked like honey,and perfect.

Her pretty brown eyes were currently glued to her iPhone screen. Whatever she was looking at must have been really funny because she threw her head back and let out a big laugh, the most beautiful sound I'd ever heard. Her laugh stopped suddenly when she saw me and her eyes widened in surprise.

"Trey, Hi" she says in a soft voice.

"Hey Kelly" I said while trying hard to maintain my composure.

"Uh... How come you're here so early? We have English Lit today." She informs me.

I take a deep, steadying breath then tell her about the fire and how everything got destroyed.

"Oh...Damn. That really sucks" she says sympathetically.

"Yeah" I say and sigh at the same time.

"Well lets go get breakfast and then my mom will take us to school" she says sweetly.

"Okay" I say with a smile.

After having a heavy breakfast, I head out to Susan's car after giving my mom a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Woah" I say with an awed expression on my face while staring at the sleek, black Audi R8 Spyder with lust.

"What is.." Kelly was about to ask, but then she saw that I was looking at and then laughed lightly and said "Yea, It's a pretty hot ride."

"What are you talking about?" Susan asks.

"This car." I reply still eyeing the internal view of the enviable sports car.

"Why thank you" she says politely "It was an anniversary present from my husband Cory. He's currently in New York on a business trip." she informs me.

"Oh" I say.

"I miss him" Kelly says while frowning and I have to resist the urge I have to kiss away her frown. Why am I being such a creep.

"He'll be back in a couple weeks sweetheart don't worry." Her mom assures her.

"I know" she says while still frowning and I have to look through the window before I say something lame or stupid in an attempt to make her smile.

A\N: Second chapter complete :-D. Who's excited for the sex chapters?? I know I am lol. Anywho, remember to vote and comment. xoxo