I Love You -

"I love you."

These three words caught Lucy's attention as she slowly blinked. There, she saw nobody. Levy turned where she was looking at.
"What's wrong Lu?" She asked. Lucy shook her head. She looked at the bandages that covered her wrist and and many other things that were plugged in her arms. A nurse entered the room and brought in Erza and Juvia. The nurse had to ask Levy to leave, which made Levy upset but knew Erza would take care of of Lucy. Levy waved to Lucy and she frowned when Lucy seemed to be spaced out, looking at nothing.

"Lucy. How are you?" Erza asked. Lucy stared at the redhead, unaware of anything anymore. Juvia tried.
"Honey can you hear us?" She whispered. Lucy eyed Juvia, looking up and down as if she'd never seen her before.

Lucy felt her head feel lighter, she felt frozen in time, and everything once again went black. Erza screamed for the nurse, running to whoever she could find. A doctor rushed in, checking the blonde. He slowly backed away from the bed, and took in a deep breath. Erza and Juvia prepared themselves for the worst...

"No..." Gray's voice whispered off. He began to violently shake as he sat down on a chair. Natsu had gone to the bathroom, not knowing the news he'd hear would change his life completely. He walked out of the bathroom, seeing the crying friends as he too, feared the worst.

"She's in a coma..? He said back, his world crashing down on him and reality striking him. Gray nodded slowly as Natsu had to sit, covering his face with his palms and let his tears flow. The hot drops slowly slid down his cheek.

He slowly lifted his face.

"I want to see her. Please." He asked. Jellal shook his head.
"If we could, we would be right now. The doctors are running some more tests on her." Natsu ran his hand through his hair, pacing back and forth, wanting to see Lucy. He couldn't bring himself to even think about not having her.

"Oh Natsu!" A voice cried. Grandine ran to him and hugged him hard. The 6 friends looked at the scene in front of them.
"I'm ok mom.." Natsu said. He wasn't ok. He wanted to see Lucy. And now.
"Natsu honey, where is the girl?" Grandine asked. Natsu leaned into her ear and told her. Grandine gasped as she looked at everyone in the room sadly.
"I will pray for her." She said breaking the silence. "Natsu we have to go home." She said.

"Mrs. Dragneel, if it isn't too much of a bother, we can stay here and then we'll bring Natsu back. He's been a great friend." Gray said. Grandine smiled as she kissed Natsu on the cheek, making him blush.
"Anyone for Heartfilia?" A voice asked.
"Me!" The seven of them said in unison.
"We're sorry. Only two at a time." The doctor said. The group decided that for the first three groups that would each visit Lucy for 30 minutes would be, Juvia and Erza, Gray and Jellal, and Gajeel and Levy.

Natsu felt left out but understood that these were the people who knew Lucy already. He didn't want to sound like a creep either. Everyone finished their sessions and left just before the visiting hours closed.

Natsu went home, distraught and helpless as he opened the door, closing his eyes as he saw his parents and little sister eating dinner, chatting amongst themselves. Igneel was the first to notice Natsu.
"How was it Natsu?" He asked. Natsu looked at the floor and just went upstairs to his room, wanting to forget about everything. He wanted to stay with Lucy. He felt deep down, he was slowly falling in love with her.

"Natsu are you ok? I brought some dinner." Grandine came in, holding a tray of food and a warm smile. Natsu turned the other way, covering himself with the sheets.
"Not hungry mom." He responded.
"What's wrong honey? Lucy is gunna get better, I promise." She said, sitting next to Natsu.

"Mom...I wanted to see her." Natsu slowly said. Grandine began to softly run her fingers through his hair, comforting the heart broken boy. She slowly sang a small song, making Natsu even sleepier. He didn't even think he could sleep but his mother's love helped him.

It was another day of school again. Natsu packed his bags and Igneel insisted he'd drive Natsu to school. Finally, he was able to convince Natsu to be driven to school, not wanting to risk his son's life. As Natsu arrived at school, his third day at Fairy High, he couldn't imagine a day without Lucy.

It was now 6th hour. Natsu had to visit the pet shop alone. He entered looking at new arrivals of pets that had came in.
"Hi!" A cheerful Mavis said, bringing another little kitten. She frowned when she didn't see the blonde girl.
"Where's Lucy?" She asked. Natsu felt his lip quiver.

"She--she's in a coma." He said. Mavis looked down.
"That poor girl..." She said. She noticed Natsu and quickly grabbed the fluffiest, most beautiful kitten.
"Would you like to give this to her?" She asked. Natsu nodded. He thought of a name quickly.
"Her name is Nalu." He said as he smiled. Mavis awed at both the kitten and the name Natsu had chosen.

"That's perfect." She said. She looked around to see if anyone was there
"Listen. We'll go to the hospital right now if you'd like. I'll take us there. You seem worried about your friend and you guys helped so much. It's the least I can do." Mavis said, reaching into her pocket and pulling out keys. Natsu agreed and the three of them began their way to the hospital.

Upon arrival, Mavis quickly checked the time.
"We have 40 minutes left. Think you can work with that?" She asked him. He nodded. It was more than enough time for him.

They entered, going to the hallways of the hospital. The kitten was secretly tucked away safely inside of Natsu's pocket, big enough for the kitten to breathe. They found the office desk and cheered their victory.
"Excuse me," Mavis said, catching the attention of the office worker, "We would like to visit Lucy Heartfilia." She said. The lady smiled as she stood up and directed the two or three into a room.

Well. Mavis decided to wait for Natsu so Natsu went in with Nalu. He saw Lucy in her fragile state. She looked so peaceful. Natsu studied her, looking at everything that plugged her to the machines. He gulped, trying his best not to cry again. He kneeled next to her bed, resting his head on the bed, watching Lucy's chest go up and down.

He stood up, carefully running his fingers through her silky golden hair and bent down again, this time, holding her hand.

"Oh god Lucy. You didn't do anything to deserve this you know. You...you deserve everything amazing. I know who's fault this is. But...I just wanted you to know that...I...I love you Lucy." Natsu confessed. No response. He held her hand a little tighter.
"I love you Lucy. With all my heart. Please. Please come back to me. If you left me...I'd be alone..." He said. Still no response.

"I love you." He said again. He closed his eyes, still holding on to her hand. He was beyond shocked, when he had lost hope, his hand was squeezed.
"N-Natsu..." A faint voice called slowly.

"Lucy?"