Lucy

"I LOST THE BABY NATSU!" Lucy cried out and Natsu held her. They both fell to the floor, crying on one another as daylight shined through the window. Lucy felt like she had lost a piece of herself, she had grown so fond of her unborn child that this tore her heart.

Natsu was the same.

He cried and cried, mourning his own child as he scooped it out of the toilet with a little blood on his hands. He couldn't bear to see the sight. Everything was going so well--so perfect for them and it all went downhill so suddenly.

Lucy blamed herself, screaming that it was her fault, which Natsu tried his best to convince her it wasn't, that this didn't have anything to do with her. He didn't want to even try again. He suddenly forget who he was, what this was. Why this feeling of despair came washing over them as Natsu held the fetus. Lucy for the first time, saw it. In his hands. She screamed and her own world crashed down on her. They stayed there for a bit and Natsu cupped Lucy's face.
"L-Lucy..." Was all he could say.

"I'm going to call the doctor Lucy..." Natsu said. Lucy shivered as he picked up his phone and dialed 911.

As Lucy was being taken away, Natsu held her hand tightly. The fetus was recovered and was being looked at by nurses. He wasn't allowed to be with her, so he waited. Levy, Erza, Juvia, and Gray rushed in.
"Natsu what happened?!" Gray asked. Natsu flinched and began to cry again. Gray went towards him and put Natsu's warm wet face on his shoulder. Gray began to cry and the two men cried as the girls did too.

"For Mrs. Dragneel?" A nurse called. Natsu stood up and asked Gray to come with him. Lucy was on the bed, again and Natsu kissed her forehead and ran his fingers through her hair soothingly.
"Mrs. Heartfilia, it seems you pushed too much and the force of it made the baby slip out. Your body isn't harmed in any way besides the fact you are dehydrated." The doctor said as he left and closed the wooden door behind him.
"N-Natsu...I'm so sorry.." She asked. Natsu shook his head.
"No Lucy...this...this isn't your fault." Natsu said calmingly. Lucy shook her head.
"Listen Lucy, please, don't blame yourself. It wasn't even your fault." Gray said as he held Lucy's hand in his. He gently rubbed it, soothing the blonde.

"It's time to go Lucy." Natsu said. She only looked at him. He picked her up, carried her to the wheelchair, and took her home.

4 Days Later

"Lucy can you at least try to eat something?" Natsu asked as he held warm soup in a colorful bowl in his hands. She looked at him, up and down and threw the sheets over her.
"I'm gunna feed you ok?" Natsu said. He went next to Lucy's side and picked her up and carefully placed her back on the pillows and picked up the spoon. He tested it and he dug another spoonful, picking the broth and putting it on her plump lips. Her tongue tasted it and she blinked. Natsu was begining to worry. Would his wife recover from this?
"It's good isn't it?" He said, hoping to get her hungry enough. It got quiet and the sounds of Lucy's steady breathing was all that was heard.

"Alright. Here comes another one!" He said as she opened her mouth and accepted the soup. This was a good sign for Natsu as he gave her a few more spoonfuls and she finished it all. He smiled and kissed her forehead.
"Thank you princess." He said as he stood up and took the bowl to the dishwasher.

Lucy wouldn't even shower. Natsu had to bathe and feed her. On most occasions, when Natsu would shower, he would take Lucy in with him and showered them together. Bathing her was a little more difficult as she tended to whimper and hold Natsu. Feeding her was different because she wouldn't eat and wouldn't get out of bed. Unanswered texts and calls from her friends left them worried and anxious.

Lucy's body went even skinnier, more fragile and boney. When he slept, she would huddle close to him and he felt her shivers and she would cry herself to sleep.

Natsu wouldn't give up on her.

6 Days Later

"Look Lucy! It's my mom," Natsu said as he opened the door and let Grandine in. Lucy tried to hide herself but Natsu sat next to her which comforted her, letting the blanket go. Grandine sat beside her and Natsu rested his head on Lucy's lap.
"Lucy honey, how are you feeling?" She asked. Lucy didn't respond. It was quiet for a while until Natsu broke the tension.
"Lucy, how about we go for a walk?" He suggested. She whimpered and Natsu looked at Grandine.
"Honey I know it's hard but I know you are strong enough to get through this. Yes the child will forever remain in our hearts, we have to keep hoping and the only way for us to keep hoping is to stay alive. If you aren't going to do this for yourself, do it for Natsu, for your health." She said.

"I...can't..." She said in a broken voice. Lucy was devastated, a mother's heart was broken, seeing her own child's own unborn body affected her. Natsu tried his best to motivate her, but nothing seemed to have worked.

"Natsu, can we talk outside?" Grandine asked. Natsu looked at Lucy who blinked and went back to sleep. He followed his mother outside.
"Natsu, I'm worried about her health. You say she's been like this for 10 days already?" Natsu nodded as he looked at the floor.

He still wouldn't give up on her.

3 Days Later

"I don't wanna.." Lucy said. Natsu tried his best not to let his instincts take over and leave Lucy at home. She whimpered and slowly punched him, wanting him to release her.
"This will be fine princess. Please believe me." He said. She gave in. Her first steps outside were quickly gone as she went back inside.
"Lucy we're going to Levy's house!" Natsu called after her. She ran around the kitchen, putting chairs in her way to block Natsu. He eagerly moved them and almost caught up to her.

This is good. This is progress. He thought to himself.

"Natsu!" Lucy giggled.

Lucy giggled. She actually giggled after so long of not hearing that beautiful sound of happiness. Natsu told himself. He then quickly tackled her, tickling her sides and she laughed.
"N-Natsu...cut it out!" She screamed as she was attacked by him. He smiled as he leaned his face in and when his lips met hers, she seemed to hesitate a bit, but soon was quickly lost in the sensation.

Natsu never thought he'd feel a kiss like this from her again.

And it felt amazing.