A New Beginning

"Natsu she can see the baby if she'd like." Lucy said. Natsu bit his lip. He didn't want to fight with Lucy. Not now.

"I-I guess." He said.
"I'll go grab her ok?" Lucy said as she went upstairs, leaving Natsu and Lisanna alone.

"I'm sorry Natsu." Lisanna said. "I didn't want to cause trouble. Part of me did want to see the baby..." She said. Natsu sighed.

Maybe she wasn't all that bad.

He must be going crazy.

Parenthood is so hard.

"She's beautiful!" Lisanna exclaimed. Nashi's eyes were still closed and Lisanna smiled.
"Would you like to hold her?" Lucy asked. Natsu gave Lucy a glare but soon let it go. He was forgiving, but was becoming overprotective of his family.
"She has your hair Natsu!" Lisanna giggled. Natsu smiled.

"I'm sorry Lisanna. Please forgive me. I'm sorry if I was rude."
"No it's fine. I understand that you want to protect your family. Sting is a horrible person." Lisanna said.

"I'm so sorry what happened during the baby shower Lucy. I tried to stop him I swear!" Lisanna exclaimed. Nashi stretched and began to cry, making Lisanna rock her gently.
"She's probably hungry. Lucy?" Natsu turned.
"Yeah I know." Lucy said. Lisanna carefully handed Nashi and Natsu grabbed a blanket.
"Nashi wait." Lucy said as the baby was already hitting her chest. She covered herself, lifted her shirt, and began to breastfeed Nashi. It did take some getting used to, but she didn't mind. Nashi came from her, and mothers did this.

"You'll be a great mom." Lisanna said as she watched. Natsu made sure the blanket wouldn't fall and adjusted it a little. Little grunts from Nashi made them laugh.

"Natsu how do you feel?" She said as she turned her attention to Natsu.
"Like the luckiest guy in the world." He said. Lucy smiled and Lisanna stood up, making Lucy turn her head away from Nashi and to her.
"Where are you going?" She asked.
"I'm leaving. I don't want to bother you much and it's best if I leave."
"No. Please. I was a little rude cause I was still upset, but I forgive you Lisanna. It's fine. You can stay." Natsu said as he too stood up and met Lisanna's eyes. He noticed sadness, redemption, and afraid eyes that told him another side of her. Lucy watched as Lisanna once again sat down.

It was quiet except for the sounds of Nashi's sucking and grunting.

Once Nashi pulled away from Lucy's breast, she yawned and Natsu stood up.
"Here I'll go burp her." He said. She gave him the tired Nashi and he went to the nursery.

And now it was just Lucy and Lisanna.

"Would you like anything to drink? Or are you hungry?" Lucy asked. Lisanna asked for a glass of water and Lucy brought it. Lisanna seemed tired so Lucy gave her the spare room and Lisanna fell asleep quickly. Lucy went to the nursery, but Natsu nor Nashi was there. She went to the bedroom and found Nashi asleep on Natsu's chest with a blanket over the two. Lucy smiled and quickly snapped a picture. Nashi twitched and Natsu held her closer.

"Beautiful." Lucy said as she tucked herself in. Natsu woke up from the movements.
"She doesn't like to sleep without me holding onto her." Natsu said.
"She doesn't sleep if I'm not holding her either."

Natsu placed Nashi in between them and Natsu put his finger on her hand. She immediately grabbed it, occasionally squeezing it making him laugh and smile. Once Nashi was fully asleep, Lucy took her to the crib.

12:25 AM

Nashi began to cry furiously, kicking around and her arms hitting both her parents' ears. Lucy groaned and Natsu
fell off the bed.
"Lucyyy your turn." He said in pain on the floor. He wiggled around and Lucy stood up, and went to the nursery.

She sat on a rocking chair and began to breastfeed Nashi. She sighed happily once her baby calmed down. Lisanna came into the nursery with a worried look on her face.

"Lisanna! Did I wake you?" Lucy asked as she covered herself a bit.
"No it's fine. And that's fine too. I won't look." She said. Lucy continued to caress Nashi as she grunted and her eyes began to close.
"How does it feel Lucy?"
"How does what feel?"
"Being a mother." Lisanna said. "When I had my baby boy, he had Sting's looks. Even his hair. But once I got home when I recovered. He killed the baby. I was devastated and he began to rape me often. It was horrible. That's why I felt remorse so much and I regretted everything I did to you."

"Oh Lisanna." Lucy said with sad eyes.

Natsu was by the door, listening to the conversation. He too regretted being harsh with her. He stripped back into his underwear and slept peacefully, waiting for Lucy.

"He...he did what to you?" Lucy said wide eyed.
"Mhmm. He sold one of my kidneys so he could pay something. He told me not to say anything. It was horrible,"
Lisanna paused to look at Nashi. "Take care of her Lucy. If Sting was to ever get out, he'd look for you again. You and your girl. He'll kill Natsu. By this point he's insane."

"Lisanna..." Lucy said. She looked at Nashi as well. She yawned and stretched.
"I'll always take care of her. Even if it costs me my life."
"You're a great mother Lucy. A m-mother I never was.." Lisanna said while looking at the crib.
"One day, I promise you'll meet someone. There's someone out there for you." Lucy said.

Lisanna thanked her and Lucy took Nashi to the room instead where Nashi would be happier.
"Nashi, we have to get you used to sleeping alone." Lucy said as Nashi crawled to Natsu. He felt something and knew it was his baby girl. He turned to her and held her close. Sighing, Lucy tucked herself in, being greeted by Nashi on her chest.
"She's a hogger just like you Natsu." Lucy said as she giggled at Nashi.
"Goodnight Lucy. Goodnight Nashi."
"Goodnight Natsu. Goodnight Nashi."