New Start -

Arriving at the hospital, Gray quickly signed himself in. Once again, they chose groups for each other. Natsu would in with Gray, Erza and Levy, and the Gajeel and Jellal, and Juvia would go in with Natsu.

The first group, Gray and Natsu entered the room. Lucy opened her eyes and saw Gray.
"Lucy..." Gray said, opening his eyes and ran towards the blonde, tightly hugging her.
"I-I'm fine." Lucy said. Gray saw her wrists.

"Oh Lucy...why?" He asked her. Lucy bit her lip nervously. She didn't respond.
"Gray I-" Lucy was cut off by the door opening, catching her off guard as the nurse came in.
"You're awake!" She screamed excitedly. She checked her pulse and her heart rate, happy with her results.

Lucy was ready to go home to the doctors, yet Lucy wasn't. Secretly, she didn't want to see Lisanna. She could forgive her yes, but it all seems so...sudden to her. Natsu watched as Gray held Lucy's hand in his, telling her how much he was happy she was awake. Natsu smiled, he wanted to do it. He couldn't hold it back anymore. He in fact loved her. He actually loved her. He couldn't imagine what would've happened if she was still asleep. The beautiful blonde giggled, making Gray smile as he hasn't heard that melody in so long.

Natsu went to the other side of the bed, and hugged her.
"Natsu. Just tell her. It's time." Gray said. Lucy curiously caught Natsu's eye and he blushed furiously.
"I-I love you..." He finally confessed. Lucy's heart warmed and began to speed up, causing butterflies in her stomach. Natsu looked down at the floor, worried on how she would respond.
"Natsu," she said as she cupped his cheek with her hand. "I don't know if I can do this." She responded weakly as she bit the inside of her cheek.

Natsu squeezed her hand tightly.
"Please Lucy, give me a chance, I promise I'll never treat you like that asshole. Can you at least think about it?" He asked. He was determined to win her heart. Lucy looked at Gray.
"It's your choice Lucy." He said smiling warmly.

She nodded in approval as she looked at Natsu again.
"Ok Natsu. I think I love you too but I'm not sure if I'm ready for a relationship like this." She said. Natsu proudly kissed her hand, squeezing it once more. He looked deep into her dark chocolate brown eyes.
"Natsu?" She asked. Lucy felt she had changed her mind surprisingly.
"Yes Lucy?" Natsu answered hopefully.
"I want to...I love you." She finished. Natsu smiled.
"Lucy do you--want to be my girlfriend?" He asked finding the courage deep within his heart.

They both blushed.
"Y-yeah." She replied shakily. Natsu leaned in and hugged her, nuzzling his face in her neck.
"Thank you Lucy, I'll treat you the was you deserve to be treated--like a princess." He vowed. She smiled and hugged him back.

Gray smiled as he watched this scene. His best friend was finally happy, as she found love. It wasn't long before their time was up and they both said their goodbyes, Natsu even more happy. He knew what could make her happy, he wanted to make her happy. And there he was smiling like the happiest idiot there ever was.
"It looks like someone had a great time." Snorted Gajeel. The next pair went in, which was Erza and Levy. Lucy of course told them the news and they were seemingly both excited as well. They did warn her to be careful and everything was perfect for Lucy.

One week later...

"All right Ms. Heartfilia, you're way better than before so it's time to return back to your schedule. You'll be excused from physical education for one week starting today and you'll return back to it. Any questions?" The doctor asked. Lucy shook her head. They slowly sat her on a wheelchair and Natsu rolled her out. He was always there beside her and when he told his mother the news, she flipped in the pure joy.

"Natsu?" Lucy asked as they approached his car.
"Yeah princess?"
"I'm scared...I don't want to go back to school." She said to him. Natsu sighed in disbelief.
"I'll always be by your side. I won't let anything happen to you."
"But Lisanna-"
"Lisanna wouldn't dare lay a finger on you." He said. He helped her up and say her on the passenger's seat and buckled her in. She smiled at him and he kissed her cheek.
"I uhh got you something." Natsu declared. He reached into his pocket, pulling out a box.
"What is it?" She asked.
"Open it." He said.

Lucy carefully opened the box only to see a new phone of the latest model. She stared at it, then at Natsu.
"Natsu you shouldn't have..." She said. Natsu couldn't help but chuckle.
"It's for my princess. You deserve it. I'll pay the bills for it so don't worry about it." He said. Lucy felt like she couldn't accept the gift, it was too much for her. She smiled at Natsu and pulled him into a passionate hug. She quickly set up the phone, remembering as much phone numbers as she could. Natsu eyed her as he excused himself to take the wheelchair back.

He came back and smiled as Lucy's eyes were shut and she held the phone tight. He got into the driver's seat, ready to take her to his home. He figured that she could stay there since there was a few extra rooms she could have as her own. He'd buy her a new wardrobe and any other girl supplies she'd like.

Arriving at his home, she woke up.
"Natsu have you told your parents about us?" She asked. He shook his head.
"They're about to find out." He said as he took her hand, leading her inside the home.
"Mom I'm home!!" He screamed. Igneel came down and smiled.
"You never surprise me Natsu. Welcome to the family Lucy." He said proudly.

Lucy blushed and Natsu squeezed her hand a bit tighter.
"We're about to have some guests over. The more the merrier I say!" He cheerfully said. The three went to the living room and Natsu sat closely next to her. Lucy fiddled with her fingers and Igneel watched his son's actions. Natsu placed his arm around Lucy, making her calm down a bit and stop playing with her fingers.

Igneel felt proud he had raised such a loving boy.
"Dad I was wondering if Lucy could live with us?" Natsu asked. Igneel looked at Lucy's surprised expression.
"Did you not talk this over with her? She seems surprised at your remark." Igneel said. "But she is more than welcome to stay with us." He said. Lucy smiled and Natsu pulled her closer.
"Where's mom anyways?"
"She took Wendy to the park. She has me cooking the food. The guests arrive at 7 pm. And it's..." He paused to look at the digital clock. "5:46." He finished.
"Lucy, there's a room next to Natsu's and two more. You can choose which you'd like to stay in." Igneel said.

Lucy of course chose the room next to her boyfriend's, wanting to stay closer to him. She was also next to Wendy's room which made her feel better.
"If you want we'll wait after school tomorrow. It'll be Friday and we can stay up late to get your clothes, being that you don't have much. You're in your uniform." Natsu said. Lucy appreciated his kind gesture and smiled. She didn't really want Natsu to do all that, but it seemed that was her only option at the moment.

She entered the room and it was quite empty. Expect for the decorative bed and many tables. She noticed a walk in closet and gawked. This room was twice as big than her old room and it had a bathroom as well. This bathroom was 10 times better than her old one, being that it was cleaner and she had a tub and a shower.
"Natsu! The guys are here! Come on down! If Lucy would like to stay up there she can. She and Wendy will skip eating down here. We'll bring food up there shortly!" Grandine shouted. Natsu sighed as he walking out until Wendy jumped onto him, but was quickly distracted by Lucy.

She smiled Natsu's big smile and jumped out of Natsu's arms and into Lucy's.
"Traitor!" Natsu chuckled. He gave Lucy a quick kiss on the cheek and went downstairs. He ran into his mother who had two trays of food that she would take to Lucy.

The guys seemed strange to Natsu. He'd never seen them before and it gave him a bad feeling. He couldn't stop thinking about Lucy either. Everyone talked and the strange men only seemed interested in Igneel. They questioned him and such. Natsu got a horrible feeling when Wendy came down the stairs followed by Lucy in pajamas. Lucy excused herself and took Wendy back upstairs. Natsu noticed an unusual smirk on one of the men and he asked to borrow their restroom. The other man asked to see Wendy, being that she was their daughter. Natsu's sweat dropped. He bit his lip as he saw one of the men go upstairs.

Lucy was vulnerable. She was texting Levy about her stay and Natsu's plans. She heard a knock on the door. She wasn't sure if she should answer it.
"It's probably Wendy or Natsu." She told herself. She opened the door and the man gave her a smirk before pinning her to the wall and covering her mouth. Muffled screams came from Lucy which couldn't be heard by anyone else.
"You're the last Heartfilia?" He questioned her. Lucy felt frozen other than her muffled screams. She opened her eyes as he pulled out a knife.
"LUCY!"