Surprise! (Part 1)

Natsu looked at Lucy's peaceful state, her eyes closed and her breathing soft and calming. He lifted the sheets and her pregnant stomach was still there. He sighed in relief.

My baby...He thought as he rubbed it, wondering what would happen when Lucy actually gave birth.

Would it hurt?
Nahhh. Those 9 months must be the only difficult thing during pregnancy.

Surely giving birth doesn't hurt. It's probably just a one or two hour thing and Natsu would see his bundle of joy in no time.

Yeah. Yeah that was it.

He smiled at the thought and went back to sleep.

4 Weeks Later

"Natsuuu." Lucy groaned out. Natsu awoke immediately and struggled to find his wife next to her until she shoved his face on her chest and began to rock him back and forth.
"Aww my baby boy!" She said lovingly. Natsu decided not to say anything. He did feel soothed by this.

"Lucy I'm going somewhere today so I hope you don't mind. I'll ask Levy to come here and keep you company.
"Where are you going?" She asked. He lifted her head up and meet her eyes.
"I'm gunna hang out with the boys. And I'll stop by and ask questions about pregnancy. You know..." He said.
"Search it up Natsu. That's what I've been doing." Lucy said. Natsu mentally face palmed and smiled stupidly.

"Yeah well I prefer the real thing." He said. She seemed to get the message and understood.

6 Hours Later

"That's what he said." Lucy said as she just finished rephrasing her husband's words. Levy slightly freaked out. Lucy wasn't supposed to know and the boys would be decorating the salon.

"You sure this is right?" Gajeel asked while he tilted his head.
"Yeah. The banner reads Baby Girl so it's good." Natsu said.
"Well everything's done. Tomorrow is the real deal and we all have to do great. Shit. I'm so nervous." Natsu said. Gray patted his back.
"It's gunna be ok. If I know my Lucy-"
"My. Lucy." Natsu corrected.
"Well, if I know Lucy, she'll love this."

Natsu went home, ready to face Lucy. He saw another bucket of ice cream thrown away and candy wrappers and tissues.

Well. Nothing out of the ordinary here. Natsu thought as he walked to his bedroom. She was already asleep with her hand on her belly and he smiled.

"Tomorrow is your big day Lucy." He said as he kissed her stomach and cheek.

"Good morning beautiful!" Natsu cheered, waking his wife.
"Wakey wakey, we've got to go somewhere! Dress up Lucy!" He said as he jumped out of bed, naked of course, and ran to the closet. Lucy was confused but dressed up.

Never in Lucy's mind this is what her future would bless her with. She couldn't thank Natsu enough for giving her what she has now. He saved her.

"Close your eyes. Here's a blindfold actually." He said as he carefully put it on.
"Reminds me of our first date and you took me to that cute beach!" She said as she rested on the seat.

"3...2...1...SURPRISE!" Everyone and Natsu yelled out. Lucy's eyes were filled with nothing but complete joy.

The salon was pink and balloons filled the whole area. The banner filled Lucy's heart with joy and everyone was there.
"You...guys...." She said as tears welled up inside her. Natsu held her close and wiped her tears as everyone awed.

"LET'S PARTY!" He yelled out. Lucy giggled and took her special seat in the front. It was amazing seeing all of this. She saw people dancing, people laughing and talking. Levy approached her.
"I'm sorry I had to keep this a secret for you Lu, but it had to be a surprise."
"Well I can't hold it against you Levy, but I was starting to worry a bit. Look, Gray's wasted!" She said. Gray was fumbling with the shot glass and Natsu helped him.

"So you're how many months?" Juvia asked as she came to Lucy and Levy.
"I guess I'm like 9 now. Any day now my princess is going to see the world." Lucy said.
"She's kicking!" She screamed out. Levy and Juvia motioned for Natsu and he quickly sprinted over.
"What's wrong-" he was cut short as Lucy grabbed his wrists and put his hand on her belly.
"She's kicking!"

Natsu felt it. He felt her kicks and tears flowed down.
"Holy damn...I never thought I'd..." He stopped as Lucy held him close to her, playing with his hair.
"It's a wonderful moment isn't it Natsu?" She said as he nodded in agreement.

"Do you guys wants some alone time or...?" Erza asked as she came in with a wagon full of presents. Lucy giggled and Natsu helped Erza and Jellal unload the other wagon Jellal brought in.
"Has she no shame?" Levy laughed as the presents didn't even fit on the table. Lucy herself began to laugh and Natsu opened an ice chest, revealing the sodas as he put them on each table.

Food was served out, dancing, and even more laughing filled the salon. Natsu felt proud of himself and his parents approached him.
"How's Lucy. Well first, we couldn't make it because your sisters were asleep and we didn't want to wake them." Grandine said as Igneel held her hand. Natsu smiled and gave them a picture of the ultrasound. His parents smiled with delight.
"Oh Natsu! You must be so happy!" Grandine said.
"High five little player! Get some!" Igneel said. Grandine punched his arm and gave him a glare. Natsu kept quiet.

Like father like son.

"Lucy! How are you doing baby?" Grandine asked as she hugged Lucy tightly. Lucy giggled and Wendy caught her eye.
"Lucy!" Wendy yelled and ran towards her. She inspected her belly, confused and curious as to why is was growing.

Did Lucy get fat? Wendy asked herself.
"That's my baby Wendy." Lucy answered.
"You have a baby too?" She asked. "Mommy had Chelia in her tummy too!" She said remembering her mother's pregnancy.
"Look, here's a picture!" She said and Wendy looked in amazement.
"She's inside your tummy right now!?!" Wendy asked. Lucy giggled and nodded.
"Wow! How does the baby get there? How do you make babies?" Wendy asked curiously. Natsu came over and heard the horrific questions.
"Lucy, how did you get the baby? What did Natsu do?"
"That's enough questions Wendy!" Natsu said. Wendy turned and smiled as her big brother accepted her into a hug.
"How come you don't have a baby in your tummy Natsu?" Wendy asked. Natsu and Lucy were both red as Erza's hair by this point and Igneel laughed while Grandine calmed Wendy down.

The party was still going and Chelia began to walk around and Natsu got to meet her.

"Alright guys! Let's toast to a new family!" Gray said. Everyone raised their glasses. Lucy had orange juice in hers of course.

Everyone raised their glasses filled with champagne, waiting.

"Lucy, this is probably the best moment a man can have. You are my present and future, my only love. You've filled my heart with only joy and love. I hope we can spend the rest of our lives with our family, to see our grandchildren and possibly great grandchildren. Starting a life and family with you has been a beautiful thing. I love you Lucy Dragneel." Natsu said. Lucy wiped tears and before anyone could drink, they were interrupted by a yell.

"THAT IS MY GIRL! NO ONE IS DRINKING ANYTHING YOU HEAR ME!"