I Love You

5 Years Later

"Mommy it's time it's time!!" The excited Nashi said as she jumped on the bed, waking Natsu and Lucy.
"Nashi...school doesn't start until tomorrow..." Natsu groaned as he placed his face on Lucy's.
"Daddy it's Monday!" Nashi screamed out.
"Yeah that's-MONDAY?" Natsu said and jumped out of bed, picking Nashi up like a football and running into her room.

"CAREFUL WITH MY CHILD DRAGNEEL!" Lucy shouted and shook her head. She loved her family nonetheless.
"Alright princess. This is your uniform?" Natsu asked. Such tiny clothes surprised him and he began to help Nashi take off her shirt.
"There's 1 hour left before 7. School doesn't start until 8. Nashi?" Natsu turned to her and she blushed.
"Well I just...I didn't want to be late.." She said as she dropped her pencil, avoided eye contact with her father.
"Oh baby it's ok. I understand why you're excited but me and mommy promised we would wake you up. Remember?" Natsu said as he kissed her cheek and Nashi took his hand, leading Natsu into his room.

"Can I sleep with you and mommy until then?"
"Of course honey."

"Nashi. Wake-"
"FINALLY!" Nashi screamed and went for the rest of her clothes. Natsu chuckled and followed after her.
"Natsu you'd better wake me up when you're gunna go drive Nashi. I wanna be there ok." Lucy said as she looked him in the eye.
"Alright princess just let me change her and I'll heat up the waffles. You want me to start you a coffee?"
"Yeah thanks!" She said and plopped back down. Natsu stretched and found Nashi struggling with her tights.
"Need help?" He asked and began to help Nashi.
"Daddy when will we go see grandpa again?"
"I'm not sure pumpkin. Grandpa has been very busy with Chelia and-"
"Why does mommy have marks on here?" She asked and pointed to her wrist. Natsu stared and blinked in disbelief.

"Mommy just...she..." He stumbled on his words, his voice cracking at the memories.
"Mommy is ok, mommy has been a warrior. Just know that ok?" He said as he cupped her cheek. Nashi nodded and Natsu went to go make breakfast.

"Why does mommy have marks on here?" Were the only words that he could think of. His mind was clouded and filled with memories of her.

Lucy being in a coma.
Over all, her suffering in the past.
Vulgar language Sting used on Lucy.
Everything Lucy has been through.

It made him think. Why did she have the marks. Was it to taunt him? Has he done everything to make her happy? What exactly was haunting him now? Memories? Or...Lucy?

He couldn't bring it upon himself to think of it any longer.

"Why does mommy have marks on here?"

He carefully thought deeper.

And now he knew.

It was to remind him of the fading scars.
They aren't new, they're fading.
The horrible fading memories.

It make some sense to Natsu, but he shook the thought off and served Nashi her food.

"Morning guys!" Lucy said as she kissed Natsu and hugged Nashi.
"How's your breakfast? Is it burnt? One time daddy was going to make breakfast and almost burned the whole kitchen down!" Lucy said and Natsu went red. Nashi giggled and finished her piece of toast and grabbed her backpack. She was about to run out the door to the car when...
"Nashi baby, your shoes?" Natsu said. Nashi blushed and ran towards him, using his shoulders to keep her little body steady.

"Alright Nashi are you set?" Natsu asked and checked her one more time. Lucy yawned next to him. She was tired yes, but didn't want to miss out on Nashi's first day of school. Her hair was in a messy bun and she wore one of Natsu's shirts that fit her bigger and she had comfortable shorts.

"Daddy what if I don't like it?" Nashi asked. Natsu smiled.
"I'm sure you'll love it baby." He said as he made his way to Nashi's school.

It was full of kids.

Natsu and Lucy held Nashi's hand tight and refused to let go until they said their proper goodbyes.
"Alright Nashi, we'll pick you up at 2:30. Behave yourself and listen to your teachers ok?" Natsu said as he kissed her forehead.
"Yes daddy I promise."
"Make sure to eat something. I'll bring you a surprise when you come home ok honey?" Lucy said as she also kissed her forehead. Nashi nodded and kissed Natsu and Lucy's forehead. She held Natsu's hand tightly as stared out into the field. The playground was bigger than the park and she awed at the sight. She backed and Natsu held her.

"You'll be ok Nashi," Nashi shoved her face in his chest, losing her excitement and courage.
"Daddy...I don't wanna..." She said and Lucy stroked her hair.
"I promise it'll be ok Nashi. Tell you what, we'll take you where you want to go after school. Wherever."
"B-but what if y-you're busy?" Nashi asked.
"We won't be busy princess." Lucy said and Nashi went towards her and put her face on Lucy's neck.
"Mommy I'm scared."
"I know you might be a little nervous but you'll have lots of fun. You'll meet friends and your school year will fly by."

Nashi breathed and nodded.
"O-Ok...I c-can do this.." She said and Natsu wiped her little tear tracks.
"Of course you will. You're a warrior." Natsu said and Nashi stepped forward behind the gate and waved goodbye to her parents.

4 Hours Later

"All right, Nashi is at school and we haven't had sex in a while wouldn't you say?" Natsu said as he already took off his pants. Lucy rolled her eyes.
"Give it a break. I'm worried about Nashi," Lucy said as she sipped her coffee.
"Luuuuucy pleeeease?" Natsu said and went next her, crawling on the floor.

"Fine. Just one round. I have to wash Nashi's clothes and we have to make sure we're good by the time we have to pick her up."
"Deal."

30 Minutes Later

"Natsu I'm on my girl time. Cancel this." Lucy said as she came out of the bathroom. Natsu shrieked a girly shriek and collapsed on the floor.
"What am I supposed to do with this boner?!" He yelled. Lucy threw him a box of tissues and fixed up the bed before laying down.
"Go relieve yourself." She said as she went to sleep.

Natsu couldn't believe it! He sighed, picked up the tissues and waited for his erection to cool down and slept next to Lucy.

"Natsu wake up...it's time to go pick up Nashi." Lucy said as she poked his face.
"Fine."

"Daddy! Mommy!" Nashi yelled and ran towards her parents. They smiled and Natsu picked her up and threw her backpack over his shoulder as they drove home, hearing Nashi's exciting stories of her coloring and making art.

Mom and Dad, it's been a while but I've been so busy it's a little hard to keep up. Me and Natsu got married and we have a little girl who Natsu named "Nashi". You would love to meet her. She has Natsu's energy. We also made amends with Lisanna. I don't know where Sting is but I promise I will never let him touch Nashi. I really miss you both.
Natsu is a different guy. He's caring and knows what to say when I feel upset. He's been the best miracle that's happened to me ever since I met Sting and Nashi is the love of my life. I want to thank you for your guidance and I want to let you know I'm ok. I remember hearing Natsu's voice when I was in a coma. The three words he's been telling every day is what woke me up and I'm grateful for having him every day.

"I love you."

-Lucy