Chapter 6

=Newt=

I caught Elizabeth as she fainted. She had gone completely pale and looked as though she was about the throw up.

"What happened?" Minho asked, dropping down beside me.

"I don't know. She just... collapsed," I tried to tell him.

"Get her to the Med-jacks," I heard someone else from within the Kitchen say.

I looked up to see Alby rushing over to us.

I nodded, heaving Elizabeth off the floor and into my arms. I rushed out of the Kitchen and ran her up to the Med-jack room.

"Jeff!" I called out.

Jeff hurried into the room and widened his eyes when he saw the girl in my arms. "What happened?"

"We're not sure," I replied.

"Put her on the bed," He told me, pointing to one of the small beds in the room.

I nodded before lying Elizabeth down on the nearest bed, watching her head as I did. No colour had returned to her face which worried me.

I watched in silence as Jeff pressed a hand to her forehead. "She's gone stone cold. What were you doing before she fainted?"

"We were just talking. She did seem a little off before though. She was really quiet and seemed to just be out of it," I explained.

"What about after that," He pressed on, tossing a blanket over her small body.

I went on telling him about how we sat down at one of the tables and started talking. I told him about Minho coming over to see us and complained about Gally. How Elizabeth told us she needed to a drink, but then just hit the deck.

"When did she start going pale?" Jeff questioned as the door opened and Clint stepped in, along with Alby and Minho.

"What's the matter with her?" Minho asked, standing next to the bed.

Jeff shrugged. "Minho, I got my job just like everyone else. I guess the best thing we can do is just wait until she wakes up."

We all nodded looking down at her. I knew I shouldn't have let her work as hard as she did. She probably overworked herself. I knew something was wrong with her out in the fields, yet I did nothing to stop her.

"Newt can I talk to you for a minute?" Minho started leaving the room.

I glanced down at Elizabeth one more time before slowly following the Runner into the hallway.

"I think I know what's wrong," He stated as he crossed his arms.

"Don't worry, I think I do too," I replied.

"What's your idea?" He asked me.

I crossed my arms before giving him an answer. "I personally think I overworked her."

"That's not what I was going to say. I think she's scared of blood," He replied.

"Why do you say that?" I questioned.

"Think about it. The colour in her face was fine up until she saw my hand then she faints right after. What else could do that?" He explained.

What he was saying did seemed true in some sense. Elizabeth did go pale after she saw Minho's cut not when she was out in the fields. I'll have to ask her when she wakes up.

A screamed suddenly ripped through the Homestead, making the pair of us jump.

"Minho! Newt!" A yell came from behind the door.

Within a second the two of us were back in the room where we saw Elizabeth being held down by Alby, Clint and Jeff.

"Gives us a hand. She's stronger than she looks," Jeff yelled over her screaming.

I looked at Minho before rushing around and holding her legs down. Minho held both of her arms down as Jeff rushed off to find something.

Word Count: 618

Edited: 22/9/2016