Chapter 31

Hey, guys. So here is the second chapter I said I was going to upload. Hope you are enjoying things so far. We are about halfway through the book by this stage and I can't believe how far things have come. Thanks to all of you that have been reading.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter

Thanks Shanks Paige.

*~*~*~*

"Liz have you lost your mind? What the hell were you thinking?" Minho asked, crawling over to me.

"I wasn't just going to stand there and watch you die," I replied.

He grabbed my arms and helped me off the floor. "What about Newt. Think about how worried he must be right now."

"I don't care. I'm not letting you die out here," I said back, ripping my arms from the Keeper's grasp.

"You on the other hand. Good job, you just killed yourself," Minho turned to Thomas who was just getting up off the floor.

"What?" Thomas choked before Minho just dropped to the floor in defeat.

I sat down next to him as Thomas crawled over to Alby. He was filthy and had a wound on his forehead.

"What happened to him?" The boy asked, turning the Minho.

"What does it look like?" He replied, no energy in his voice.

"He got stung."

"What happened to his head?" Thomas questioned.

"I did what I had to do," Minho answered.

I widened my eyes at his reply. What did he mean by that?

Minho suddenly pulled himself to his feet and started walking off.

"Okay, okay. Help me get him up," Thomas told us.

"We gotta go. The Maze is already changing," Minho said to us.

"Hey Minho!" Thomas called out to him.

The Runner spun on his heels to face the pair of us. I knelt down beside Alby and took his hand into my shaking one.

It was freezing cold and clammy. Just like I'd imagine a dead person's skin to feel like.

"We can't just leave him here," Thomas explained to Minho.

I nodded. "He's right Minho. Imagine if this was you," I gestured to Alby's still body.

"Would you want to be left like this to die?" I asked.

He shook his head like a child before helping Thomas and I lift him off the ground.

The 3 of us started carrying Alby through the Maze, hoping to find somewhere we could find him.

I was taking Thomas' side. We couldn't just leave Alby to be stung then killed by one of those creatures. I've felt and seen what these things can do first hand and can tell you no one deserves to die like that. It's not right. If Alby was going to die, he should be buried at the Deadheads like everyone else.

We continued to lug the boy around until Minho finally stopped us.

"Just sit him down, sit him down," He panted as we rested Alby against the Maze walls.

My arms were sore and I was out of breath. The last light of the sun was the only thing lighting the Maze for us.

"This isn't going to work. We gotta go," Minho started to panic.

"Wait, what are you talking about? We gotta hide him," Thomas insisted.

Minho turned to him." Where?"

"I don't know. Are you telling you me there isn't one place we could take him?" Thomas asked.

Minho growled out in frustration before turning on Thomas and pinned him up against the Maze walls.

"Minho!" I screamed.

"Listen to me Shuck-Face. Alright? Take a look around. There's nowhere to go!" He snarled, gripping Thomas' shirt.

I shuffled over to the pair of them and pried Minho away from Thomas. "Leave him alone Minho. We're not going to last 2 minutes out here if we're all at each other's throats."

"You don't get it. We're already dead," Minho said.

We was just giving up that easy. I did better than him when I ran out here for the first time on my own.

I frowned at the boy, sick of his attitude, before standing up and grabbing his arm. I dragged him away from Thomas so we were alone.

"You're really starting to piss me off Minho. Me and Thomas are just as scared as you, but you don't see us throwing our arms up and giving up. You would think as Keeper of the Runners you would be able to help us survive. So pick your ass up, stop acting like a child and use what's left in that brain of yours to help us at least try to survive the night."

Minho just looked at me, not knowing what to say or do.

He finally nodded before we started heading back over to Thomas.

"Okay, firstly, let's figure out what to do with Alby."

Word count: 739

Edited: 23/4/2017