Chapter 35

=Elizabeth=

I didn't know what to say. I was flattered that Minho thought I was worthy of becoming a Runner, but I'm not sure how Newt would feel about that.

Don't get me wrong. I was terrified of the Maze, but ever since Thomas killed that... thing. A Griever is what Minho called it I think, I have been interested in going back out there and trying to find a way out of here.

I snapped out of my thought and noticed the whole hall had started arguing again.

"Minho, let's not jump the gun here," Frypan told the Keeper.

I jumped in my seat has Gally shouted at everyone. "If you want to throw the Newbie and Elizabeth a parade that's fine!"

"But if there is one thing I know about the Maze... it is that you do not-" He was cut off by an alarm wailing through the Glade.

The Newbie alarm.

I saw Newt look at Gally for a second before the two of them rushed out of the Council Hall, the rest of the Glade not far behind.

I flicked my eyes over at Thomas for a second before hurrying to find Minho or Newt.

"Minho!" I called as I came out of the Hall.

He turned to me. "Is that was I think it is?"

"The box. It's coming back up?" Chuck came up beside me.

"It shouldn't be," Minho told us before running after the rest of the Glade.

I quickly followed behind, wanting to know what was going on. I thought the box only came up every month, unless...

Teresa.

I started to pick up my pace, wondering if I was right. She told me things would start changing once she triggered the ending.

Is this what she meant?

A herd of Gladers had already huddled around the box yelling all sorts of things.

"Newt, what do you see?"

I started pushing my way through the crowd, hoping it was the person that has been in my head for 2 months.

"It's another girl," I heard Newt state as I finally got to the Box and peered inside.

Inside was a young girl with tar black hair. All of the things from my dreams were all coming back to me.

It was Teresa.

"I think she's dead," Newt stated, looking down at her.

"What's that in her hand?" I heard Gally ask.

I held my breath as Newt kneeled beside her and unfolded her hand before taking a small piece of paper from it.

Newt unfolded it. "She's the last one... ever."

He then looked up at us. "What the hell does that mean?"

Teresa then sprung to life and sucked in a massive breath, making all of the boys around me jump away from the Box.

"Thomas," She gasped before her eyes rolled into the back of her head and her breathing became shallow again.

Everybody, including myself turned towards Thomas. How the hell did she remember Thomas but not me?

"Still think I'm overreacting?" Gally questioned.

He couldn't be serious. How could he think this was Thomas' fault?

Word Count: 516

Edited: 18/6/2017