Chapter 25

It felt like deja vu as I watched everybody get ready for the bonfire party.

Just like before, there was loud music and boys were dancing around the place.

I took a seat next to Minho on one of the logs as boys got ready to light the wooden structure.

"So what's going on with you and Newt? You two haven't spent much time together today," Minho questioned.

"Light em' up!" I heard Alby yell just like he did on the first day I arrived in the Glade.

Just before before, Alby and a group of boys, Newt included, threw their sticks into the wood, setting it alight.

I shielded my face with my hands as heat sprung to life from the fire. I sucked in a breath as the warmth hit my hands.

Cheers and laughter erupted throughout the Glade and boys danced, talked and started handing out drinks.

"So what do you think of the Newbie this time?" I asked the Runner next to me, changing the subject.

Minho looked over at me. "He looks just like another Greenie to me. No different."

I smirked. "What? Think you're too cool for him?"

"I didn't say that. I just meant he doesn't seem any different to the other boys that have been sent up," The boy defended himself.

I put my hands up in surrender and laughed just as Thomas and my brother sat away from everyone else, facing the walls.

"Anyway, you didn't answer my question. What's going on with you and Newt?" He demanded and answer.

I sighed before finally giving him one. "There's nothing really going on."

"But..." Minho pushed.

"But, it seems that Newt has changed since the new boy came up," I sighed again.

"Don't take it to heart Liz. Newt will come running back to you before you know it. Don't worry," He placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm not worried. I trust him," I replied, trying to convince myself more than him.

I gave Minho an indication that this conversation was over by turning my attention to the fire in front of us.

I started into the flames, thinking about everything that has happened over the past few days.

I can definitely say that things have been difficult ever since I woke up in that Box. I had a feeling things were only going to get harder from here on in.

"Hey Elizabeth," A new voice greeted me.

I mentally shook my head before turning my head towards the voice.

I saw Chuck join me on one of the logs, food in his hands. He had a massive smile on his face as always.

"Hi Chuck," I smiled back.

"I haven't seen you around lately. Where ya been?" I asked.

"Alby's got me working more than usual," He replied, his smile falling from his face.

I felt so sorry for Chuck. He tried so hard to fit in around the Glade, but everyone just either ignored him or just told him to get back to work. Newt, Minho and myself were the only ones who really paid any attention to him.

"Don't get too upset about it," I nudged him, smiling.

He nodded before going back to his food. I looked over at Minho and saw him talking to Ben in a hushed tone.