Chapter 4

Young Elizabeth fluttered her eyes open. She looked around and saw she was in some kind of dorm with other kids around her age.

"Hey, she's awake," A voice told other people.

"Are you okay?" A girl flew over to her and grabbed her hand.

Elizabeth then remembered everything. W.I.C.K.E.D tearing her brother away from her, sending him up into the Maze. She had lost the only family member she had left. What was she going to do now?

"They took him," She managed to choke out.

"Who?" A girl with tar black hair asked.

"Isaac, Teresa. They took him and sent him up into the Maze," She exclaimed, burying her face in her hands.

"What when?" Teresa questioned.

"I'm not sure. How long have I been asleep?" Elizabeth looked up at her group of friends.

"They brought you in about 8 hours ago," Her other friend, Sydney answered.

"What time is it now?" Elizabeth pushed.

"9 in the morning," A boy looked at his watch.

Elizabeth glanced down at her hands. He really was gone.

"Lizzy?" The boy tried to get her attention.

She turned her attention towards everyone, not knowing what to do or what to say.

"He's gone. I can't believe it," Her anger then started to boil over.

"How could he let this happen? He promised he would never leave!" She growled, getting to her feet.

"It's not his fault Liz," The boy told her.

"How could it not be Thomas? He told me I wasn't going to lose him and now I have. How can I forgive him for this?" Tears started to cloud her vision.

"Do you really think Isaac would get taken without a fight?" Thomas raised his eyebrows.

Thomas was right about that. Isaac would never let anyone separate the two of them up without putting up a fight first. She knew her brother would run to the ends of the earth and back for her and Elizabeth should never think otherwise.

"You're right Tommy, he would fight. I'm not sure why I thought any differently. I shouldn't have doubted him," She sighed.

"It's okay Liz. You're just upset. We can't blame you for thinking the way you did," He smiled.

"So what do we do now?" Teresa questioned.

"I'm not sure. My brother is usually the one to come up with something at this point," Elizabeth replied.

"I think the best thing we can do is just stay as close to each other as possible. Never be on our own either. We should start traveling in pairs at least," Thomas suggested.

The whole room nodded in agreement, knowing it was the best chance they had. They couldn't take anymore chances, W.I.C.K.E.D were out to take all of their lives away from them.

"Elizabeth."

"If you can, I say we travel in groups of about 3 or 4. That way it will make it harder for them to split us up," Elizabeth explained.

"Elizabeth."

"Liz is right. We can't let them send any more people up into the Maze," Teresa announced.