Chapter 16

=Elizabeth=

My eyes shot open and I screamed as W.I.C.K.E.D tore my brother away from me and hit me over the head.

I looked around and saw the two Med-Jack's of the Glade hovering over me.

"Get Newt and Alby," The keeper commanded.

Clint disappeared from my side as I laid in my bed. I then noticed my chest rising and falling very quickly.

Soon after footsteps bounded towards my room until the door flew open revealing Clint, Alby and....

Newt.

I felt myself freeze.

How do I tell him the truth?

I sat there, not knowing what to say or do. Newt started making his way over to me

I tried to steady my breathing as he dropped down beside me. He face was unreadable and he looked as though he wasn't going to speak.

"Elizabeth?" A deep voice suddenly spoke to me.

I tore my eyes away from Newt and looked up at Minho and Alby. Minho was clearly happy that I was awake, but Alby on the other hand didn't look too impressed.

"Do you remember anything?" He questioned.

I nodded, my voice getting caught in my throat.

Newt placed a hand on my shoulder. "Do you want to tell us about it?"

Did I want to tell them the truth? Would they believe me? What would they think? What would Newt think?

I finally shook my head decided I was going to keep my mouth shut. For now, it was probably the best decision to make. They wouldn't believe me anyway.

"You need to talk about it some time," Alby told me.

"Alby just leave it alone for the minute. She has been through enough," Newt defended me.

I mentally smiled at myself as I remembered that he wasn't just a friend to me anymore, but instead family. He treated me like one too.

"Fine, but she will need to talk about it eventually," Was all Alby said before making his way out of the room, Minho soon behind him.

I looked over and saw the Med-Jack's had left too, not that I remember them leaving. That left just me and Newt in the room.

I then suddenly remembered what happened in the Maze.

I was stabbed.

I threw the covers of my body and lifted my shirt up to see huge bandages wrapped around my chest. On top of that I had a bandage wrapped around my wrist as well. I then remembered that I had fallen on it in the Maze.

I sighed to myself before pulling my shirt down best I could over the wound then looked over at my brother.

Brother, just the word alone sounds weird.

"What were you thinking?" He gently asked me.

I sighed before responding. "I-I Th..."

My voice came out in nothing more than a squeak.

I shut my mouth and touched my neck. What had I done to my voice?

"You screamed so much while you were asleep that you tired your voice out," He explained as if he had read my mind.

I nodded before laying back down, resting my head on my pillow.

"Just rest up. I'll come by and check up on you later," He told me.

I nodded before pulling him in for a hug, resting my head on his chest as I did.

Now that I knew Newt was my brother I was going to keep him as close to me as possible. I just wish I knew how to tell him.

'Elizabeth.'

That voice echoed through my head.

'Yeah.'

'How are you feeling? You had everyone worried, especially your brother.'

The more the voice spoke the more it was starting to sound familiar. I knew I had definitely heard it before. In a dream or somewhere else.

'I'm okay, just wish I could talk,' I replied.

'Just give it time. Don't try and tell him yet.'

'Why?' I questioned.

'He's not ready yet. It's not the right time.'

What did she mean by that?

I then realised my head was still resting on Newt's chest. I sighed before pulling away and lying back down again.

"I'll see you later," He told me.

I nodded, wishing I could talk.

I watched in silence as my older brother left the room and left me to my thoughts.

'When is the right time then?' I asked the voice.

'Soon, but not now.'

I couldn't keep this from him forever. He was my brother at the end of the day, he had the right to know.

I closed my eyes, hoping everything would just be explained already.

Edited: 25/10/2016

Word count: 768