8

Jessica

His lips were just as soft as I had imagined them. They pressed against mine with just the right pressure, moving slowly. I resisted the urge to lift my hands and run them through his hair, worried that may make him pull back. I hummed against his lips as he traced my bottom lip with his warm tongue, asking for permission that I gladly gave.

His hands rested at my lower back, pressing me into his tall, fit frame. I took that as my cue to wrap my arms around his neck, combing through his dark hair with my fingers. My mind was in the clouds, as he pecked my lips a few times, before plunging his tongue straight into my mouth again without warning.

I practically moaned his name, as his hands moved from my hips to my face, turning my head to get a better angle. If possible, the kiss got even deeper. I don't how long we'd been standing here but a booming voice made us both jump back harshly from eachother. I heard Harry curse silently, looking up to see him holding his lip.

"What the fuck is this!" I cringed at the voice praying that it wasn't him. This is the last thing I needed right now. I whipped my  body around quickly, hope fading once I saw his face. He was red, and I felt like I was in a cartoon. His eyes were wide and I'm pretty sure I saw steam fuming out of his ears. His chest was heaving in and out heavily, his knuckles turning white from the grip he had on the door handle.

Lillian ran in looking flustered, surely startled by Cameron's yelling as well. Her eyes were frantic as she looked around the room in worry. Harry's deep voice spoke so calmly, I had almost forgotten he was still in the room. He held his hand up as he spoke, voice low and sultry.

"It's fine Lilian, leave us and cancel all my calls and meetings for the day. Thank you, and you can go home when you're done."

She went to protest, stopping herself as Harry raised his hand in authority again. Her heels clicking on the floor as she left us. The office remained silent, the awkward thick as fudge in the small space. I cleared my throat gathering up my wits to speak up. But I didn't get a chance as Harry walked up beside me, hand still on his lip. I gasped at the red liquid leaking from his face onto his hand and expensive suit.

Even more stupid I turned to him in horror forgetting the fact that my boyfriend currently stood frozen watching me. After having just witnessed my boss and I in a full on make out session.

"My God Harry you're bleeding," I rushed towards his desk grabbing some Kleenex to stop the blood. I pressed the tissue to his lip, meeting his gaze, as he stared down at me, an awkward smile gracing his lips. I blushed, breaking the eye contact, cursing to my self as Cameron spoke interrupting the moment.

"Are you fucking kidding Jessica?" He growled, sending daggers at me through his eyes before storming out. I wanted to follow after him, turning to go, but Harry's strong hands held me still. I gave him a questioning look, as he shook his head slightly.

"Just give him some time," he mumbled. His lip was now swollen and red, the bleeding stopped but leaving stains on his hands and suit jacket. I nodded, wanting to laugh at how silly he looked with his fat lip.

"Why don't we go get you cleaned up forreal. We're gonna have to get that blood out," I whispered taking his hand in mine.

I was completely and utterly shocked when we walked into Harry's apartment. The wide expanse of the place was like you'd never expect it to be. The living room was large, with a huge kitchen to the right side when you walked through the door. His furniture was all black, with white and blue accents.

I was definitely surprised, I mean yes he was successful, but I would never have expected him to have a place like this.

"Wow." I whispered to myself, walking deeper into the place. Turning every which way to admire the place he lived in.

"You like? I could give you a tour?" I nodded eagerly as he led me up a few steps farther back and into his bedroom. It was fairly clean for a male, the dark furniture matching that of his living room.

"Its so beautiful," he nodded, slipping off his suit jacket and laying it across his bed.

"Yeah, I got it from my gran, she passed sometime ago."

I nodded in sympathy as I watched him remove his shoes as well. He motioned for me to follow him, leading me into his bathroom just across the hall. He reached up in his medicine cabinet, grabbing the mini first aid kit it held. He sat on the lid of the closed toilet, handing the kit to me with a smile.

"Patch me up." I smiled, grabbing the small white box and opening its contents onto the counter. I grabbed an unopened gauze and a wet towel, wetting the top with water. I gasped when I looked back over to him, watching as his lip began to bleed once more, dropping onto the white tile floor.

I quickly placed the towel there, soaking up the blood, as I opened the gauze. I instructed Harry to put pressure on it, as I replaced the wet towel with the gauze. We sat silently waiting for the bleeding to stop until a question popped in my head.

"Wait. How did you bust your lip?" I blinked utterly confused, as I tried to rack my brain for what could've have happened. He chuckled, removing the gauze for a minute to speak.

"When your um, boyfriend came in and scared us, you kind of um. Well you bit me, when we pulled apart." My eyes went so wide at his revelation, I could feel my cheeks turning bright red as I blushed profusely.

"Oh my god!" I yelled, throwing my hands up into my hair. " I'm so sorry, Harry." He laughed at me while I apologized repeatedly, trying to calm me down. I was so embarrassed, I couldn't even think straight.

"Jess, its fine. It's just a little bump," he reassured me, as I knelt back down in front of him. I nodded, still completely embarrassed about the situation, trying to think of any way to repay him for what I'd done. It was silent for a while again, Harry removing the gauze.

"I think the bleeding has stopped," he mumbled, his speech sounding jumbled, because of how swollen his lip had gotten. I giggled, as he tried to stick it out to get a look at it, shaking my head at his antics.

"Maybe we need to get some ice. The swelling doesn't seem to be going down," he nodded, following me out to the kitchen, as he took a seat on his couch. I searched the wide space for a towel, grabbing a handful of ice and wrapping it up. I walked back into the living room handing him the makeshift ice pack, and then taking a seat next to him.

I wanted to bring up what had happened, since it seemed like we were trying to hard to avoid it. But I also didn't wanna ruin the mood. I mean we had kissed, did that mean something? Would he fire me? Was it against the rules? Was it gonna be awkward now? So many questions plagued my mind, as I felt Harry's eyes on me.

He cleared his throat making me look over at him.

"I think maybe you should try and find um," he trailed off not knowing Cameron's name.

"Oh Cameron, yeah, I guess I'll just head out. I'm sorry again, for you know." I said motioning to my lip earning a soft laugh from Harry.

"S'fine, good luck."

I waved goodbye, as I waved down a taxi, absolutely dreading the conversation or rather yelling match I was about to have.