Chapter 69: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Hermione looked quite beautiful at the wedding. She was one of those people, Harry had thought to himself angrily, that nobody noticed until they put in an extra effort to their appearance for a particular occasion. She was wearing a floaty, lilac-coloured dress with matching high heels, and her hair was sleek and shiny; there was still, however, no makeup in sight.

"Hello!" Someone said from behind them. It was Luna, who was wearing an extremely bright and bouncy yellow dress. "Hermione, you look lovely!"

"Thank you, Luna." Hermione beamed,"Ron's Great Aunt Muriel doesn't agree. I just met her upstairs while she was giving Fleur a tiara. She said 'Oh dear, is this the Muggleborn?' and then 'bad posture and skinny ankles'."

"Pleasant." Harry said grimly.

"Don't take it personally," Ron assured her,"she's rude to everyone."

Everyone was then told to take their seats for the service. Harry sat down next to Hermione in the third row, and he caught the eye of someone on the other side of the tent. It was Viktor Krum. He was glaring at Harry with pure hatred, and Harry remembered that it had only been a few years since Krum had threatened to kill him. Harry gave Krum a smile and a wave and turned to the front again, filling with glee. Fleur and Bill were both red in the face and smiling broadly by that point.

"Do you, William Arthur, take Fleur Isabelle to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"And do you, Fleur Isabelle, take William Arthur to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

Hermione turned and beamed at Harry, her eyes were full of tears.

"Then I declare you bonded for life."

Not long afterwards, the tent had been transformed into a room fit for a party, with a dance floor in the centre and many circular tables around the edge. Ron, Harry and Hermione joined Luna at one.

"Hello!" She smiled broadly.

"Hi, Luna." Ron said,"How's the Quibbler been-?"

"Ronald?"

Harry turned to see a girl who looked about fifteen or sixteen peering at Ron with a great interest. She had waist-long silvery-blonde hair and had a face that closely resembled Fleur's. She was wearing a knee-length golden dress that matched Ginny's, as the two of them had been Fleur's bridesmaids.

"Gabrielle!" Ron stood up, knocking a goblet out of Hermione's hand and spelling its contents all over her dress. Ignoring his blunder, Ron hugged Gabrielle tightly and said,"Er...danse avec...moi?"

Gabrielle gave a tinkly laugh and nodded, leading Ron over to the dance floor.

"Tergeo." Harry pointed his wand at Hermione's dress. The stain disappeared.

"Thank you, Harry." Hermione smiled,"Would you like to-"

"Potter." Viktor Krum sat down in Ron's empty seat, looking rather angry.

"Yeah, hi." Harry grumbled.

Krum's eyes narrowed even further,"Vat is your deal? Vat is your deal vith Herm-own-inny?"

"With Hermione?"

"His deal with me, Viktor," Hermione took over venomously,"is none of your business."

"I vant to know!" Krum growled,"I vant to know vat is between you two! Potter rudely refuses to tell me four years ago and he still refuses now! Vat is happening?"