Chapter 10- Nice to meet you

Please read A/N

I feel a rough but smooth substance repeatedly touching my nose. I was still asleep at this time. The touching stopped and heard a faint purr. This was really soothing. Then the substance started touching me again. "Ughhhh." I groaned I said flickering my eyes from the morning light. As I did I saw a small figure staring down at me. It was Rose.

"Your awake sleepy head!" She exclaimed. "Oh it's only you Rose." I say yawning. "You ready for training?" She asked tilting her head a bit. "Training?"

"Yeah you promised me yesterday remember." She says with a small wag. "Oh yeah." I say sleepily. Rubbing my eyes and ears.

Wait ears?

Ears! Instantly I get up. I start touching my ears. "I have ears! What the hell!" I scurry from my bed and look in the mirror. I start touching my ears. They were the same color as my H/C hair. Then I hear a gasp. "You have your ears!" She says squealing. "I thought that I could only get my ears and tail from you!" I yell. "Nope! You can activate them just by yourself!" she squealed once again.

"That doesn't make any sense!" I yell. Then I hear footsteps. "Honey are you alright? I heard yelling!" It was my mom! I start panicking. What am I going to do! "Well you can make those ears and tail go away." Said Rose calmly. Tail! I look down. My tail was between my legs. "My tail!" I said putting my hands on my head. I hear footsteps. Oh no. "Honey?" The footsteps got closer. I ran to my door and locked it. Wait! I don't have a lock. Fuck it! I ran to my bed and covered myself with the covers and pillow. Then I hear a knock. My mom! I scream in my head.. Wait where's Rose! I yell once more. I poke my head out of my covers. My ears perked up.

I look around my room trying to find her. She was looking at herself in the mirror. "Rose get over here!" I whisper yell. Her ears perk up and she looks at me. I signal with my hand demanding her to come. She finally notices and hovers to me. She opened her mouth to protest until I quickly snatch her and cover her mouth. I pull her under the covers with me.

The knob moves. The door slowly opens. "Y/N are you alright?" She said sweetly. I shiver. "She's probably still asleep. Probably ended up yelling in her sleep too." She said with a sigh.

I move a little. Showing that I'm asleep. "Honey!" She whispered to my ear. "Honey wake up! You're going to be late for school!" She raised her voice a bit. I fell my body turn cold. School! I forgot about school! The suspension is over. How could I forget! My moms warm hands were placed on my back. She started moving me. "M-mom I'm awake you can stop." I say sleepily trying to convince her. "Oh. Sorry. Well..um...breakfast is ready." She said getting up and walking out.

Soon as she left I bolted up from my bed and looked in the mirror. "How do I make these go away!" I wailed. "Just deactivate them." Responded Rose. "I can't do that!" I shout. "OK um just put something on to cover them up!" Said Rose cheerfully. "Just for now then until we find a solution."

I put on my F/C sweater and lower my ears. It felt weird. I move the hoodie up covering my ears. I put on some dark blue pants and a F/C shirt. I then tucked my tail in hoping it wasn't visible. "Rose can you tell?" I say. She shakes her head. "You sure?" "I'm positive."

"Y/N! Your food is getting cold!" Yelled mom. "Coming!" I yell back. I walk to the door. As I place my hand on the knob I her Rose say something behind me. "W-wait the book!" I look back Rose was pulling the book from under the pillow. "Why?" I say. "Just to make s-sure th-that its safe." She said struggling to carry the book. I roll my eyes and smile. "Here." I say picking up the book.