Chapter 2

Zoe's POV

The Google homepage opens swiftly and I move the mouse over to the search bar. I quickly type in "martin garrix" and wait for the results.

Lea, my best friend, almost choked on her carrot when I mentioned that a Martin Garrix would be living with us. Eventually she ended up laughing at me the moment I said I didn't know who the hell he even was. She said she'd leave me up to the researching and then informed me she'd be visiting me a lot more often these days.

Within seconds, a long list of web pages appear. Obviously Wikipedia is the first one so I click on it and begin reading.

Martijn Garritsen (born 14 May 1994)*, known by his stage name Martin Garrix, is a Dutch DJ/Producer signed to Spinnin' Records. He is best known for the track "Animals", which was a Top 10 hit in more than 10 countries; the song has also peaked to number 1 in Belgium and the United Kingdom.

I whisper out loud to myself as I read.

Okay so he's definitely famous and extremely good at what he does if he's reached two number one spots. I recall my parents mentioning he's staying with us because he needs to "get his life together". But he's only 19, what could he possibly have done?

I click on a link that is labelled "Martin's Personal Life". The first thing that pops up is a notice in dark bold font that reads:

This information has been removed due to rights of Spinnin Records and legal restraints placed on the publication of this information.

Strange. Below what should be the main article are a few headlines about Martin that finally makes me realize why he's coming here.

Underage drinking. Involvement with one too many girls. Arrogance. Vulgarity. Violence. And partying and partying and partying.

All this Martin guy needs is some guidance and focus. Clearly, he's just too absorbed in the wild lifestyle. But then again, maybe that's what fame does to a person.

I navigate back to the initial Google results page and click on 'images'. Gray squares litter the screen until finally the pictures load.

I can't contain the gasp that escapes my lips.

He's stunning. Not in a girly way, not at all. His face is boyish, with defined cheekbones and a strong jaw. His hair is styled in a sexily messy way, in some pictures it's golden and light and in some it's a dark brown. But the thing about him that draws me in are his eyes. They're rimmed with grey but slowly fade into the most gorgeous shade of hazel brown I've ever seen as they get closer to the pupil. I could stare at them all day.

I find myself feeling nervous for the first time in my life. It's a weird feeling because I've never actually worried about anything before. Maybe a few little things but I'm the type of person who's always prepared, planned ahead and organized. School never phased me and I could always cope with any challenge that came my way, whether it be a science project or a boy.

Martin is a boy and yet he's making me nervous. But seriously. Who wouldn't be nervous if they had a world famous DJ coming to live with them? And a painfully hot one at that.

As I grab my phone to text Lea, the doorbell rings.

"That must be Martiiiiin!" I hear my mother downstairs sing cheerily, dragging out the 'tin'.

I drop my phone onto the bed and quickly pad across the carpeted hallway to hide behind the small wooden closet next to the staircase. I have a full view of the front door as my mother swings it open in a flourish.

--

* I changed the year that Martin was born in so that he'd be 19 in the story. He was actually born in 1996 and he's 17. Just thought I'd let you know.