Chapter 41

Zoe's POV

I stomp up the grassy pathway that leads to the front doors of BU before realizing I have no idea where I'm going. What I do know is that Martin has to be here. If he skips a day of Orientation without notifying them, my dad will find out as soon as possible. And that is bad news.

I wait outside the reception area for a few moments before deciding to go in and tell them I can't find my 'friend'.

Behind the large mahogany desk, I see a head of red hair. Walking up to it, the woman has a phone up to her ear, talking softly. She glances up at me for a few moments before saying something and putting the phone down.

"May I help?" she says politely.

"Yes. I, uhm. I'm looking for a friend of mine and I don't know where his dorm is," I reply, only realizing afterward how this may sound to her.

"Well you could tell me his name and I'll search our records for his dorm number."

I nod before responding, "Martin Garrix."

She begins typing before I quickly realize my mistake.

"Wait!"

Her head jerks up in slight surprise.

"It's actually Martijn, Martijn Garritsen," I correct myself, knowing he obviously would be signed up as his actual name.

The woman nods, giving me a funny look before typing in his name. After a few seconds, she clicks on something and grabs a piece of paper and a pen. Quickly she scribbles something before handing it to me.

"Addison House, dorm 303," she says, "Straight ahead and to the left, you'll see it."

I nod a thank you and quickly make my way out the office building. Right across I make out the name 'Addison' in white lettering.

After a short walk, I end up at the large door. I don't know what to do because I'm not entirely sure if I can just walk in or if I have to knock. There are footsteps behind me before a boy comes into view.

"Can I help?" he says abruptly, nodding toward the door.

"I was wondering if I could just go in-"

"Obviously," he says impatiently and pushes open the door, stepping in and walking briskly down a hallway before I can reply.

The dorm house is huge. It's obvious that the campus is old since the ceiling has antique carvings and everything is wooden with shiny ceramic ornaments. The place looks vintage with a warm feel and I spend a few moments gazing at the large shelf of trophies and pictures.

After looking around the common room, I decide to make my way up the only staircase in the entrance hall that most probably leads to the dorms. Sure enough, I end up at the start of a long hallway lined with doors. I walk straight down without spotting 303 until I make a left and find another corridor. The second door is marked 303.

I knock once and wait. Nothing. I knock again before pressing my ear up to the door. Silence. Irritation building, I thump against the door three times before whisper yelling, "Martin! Open the door."

I press my ear back up to the door just in time to hear shuffling on the other side.

"Martin," I say loudly, "Open the door."

I wait and nothing happens. I thump loudly on the door again before trying to open it but the knob doesn't twist which means the doors locked.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I pull it out angrily, sliding across the screen.