Chapter 5

"Sam" I warn.

She won't stop laughing.

"Come on Sam." I plead.

"Okay, Okay." she takes a couple of breaths before saying "You got drunk." then starts laughing again.

"And." I urge her to continue.

She calms herself down and replies "Then you fainted and Trevor over there caught you, picked you up and carried you to his truck. I followed him but he said that he would take care of you and that I should go back to the party."

"And you just left me with a stranger!" I ask with disbelief.

"Well yeah." she says like it's the most normal thing in the world.

I shake my head and glare at her.

"Well look at him. How can you not trust that handsome face." she argues and pouts at me.

Oh boy, this is going to be a long weekend.

When the excitement of seeing Trevor shirtless dies down Sam is the first to speak. "So" she says "What are we going to do now?"

It takes a while of thinking before I come up with the perfect thing. "Mmm, how about we go swimming?" I ask excitedly.

"Yes!" she yells.

We grab our towels and run to quadbikes. I get on the red one and she takes the yellow one, like always. We race towards the waterfall in the mountains. It's a quiet spot, nobody else really comes here. The water is sparkling clean and the sun bounces of it creating a magical type of feeling. The water is surrounded by trees providing us some privacy. Sam and I get undressed and jump in, wearing only our underwear. We swim around, splash each other and laugh.

"I'm glad you feel better Anna." Sam says smiling.

My smile drops and I go quiet. "It's hard to think-"  my voice cracks.

"Shh" Sam pulls me into a hug. "It's okay babe"

I let the tears fall for the hundredth time. "I miss her."

Sam rubs my back and then softly replies. "I know hon, but you know you have to move on sometime. She wouldn't have liked it if you cried this much."

Realising that she's right I wipe my tears away. "Yeah, but I don't think I'll ever be able to ride again."

"You will, just give it time."  she says and smiles at me.

As much as I want to believe her, I don't think I can.

"Come on let's go home. I'll make you dinner." Sam suggests

My eyes light up at the sound of food. "Hell yes!"

We climb out and start drying ourselves off.

"This was fun." Sam beams

"Yeah it was." I admit

~*~*~

It was already dark when we got home. The lights we're on so I suspected it to be Trevor.