Chapter 18

I'm standing infront of my mirror inspecting my appearance. I chose a casual red, knee high dress and paired it with black heels. My hair is pulled up into a neat bun and I've applied a little make-up on my face to make it look pretty but still natural. Satisfied with how I look I exit my room.

As I walk down the stairs Trevor comes out of his room and freezes when he sees me. I walk up to him and smile but when he just stands there looking me up and down, not saying a word I decide to speak. "Alright let's go."

I don't wait for him to reply I just grab his arm and drag him outside. When he sees my car he finally snapps out of his daze and opens the door for me. I thank him and he jogs around to the other side, getting in and starting the car.

He puts the car into drive but before actually pulling away he turns to me and says "You look gorgeous." Then we drive off.

While he concentrated on the road I took the time to check him out. He looks really handsome in long black trousers and a buttoned up grey shirt,and I love the way he rolled his sleeves up showing his muscular arms. When he catches me in the act he smirks and I turn my head away, blushing.

We pull up in front of a huge red building with the word Shuffle in big bold letters above the entrance. The place is pretty packed so it took us a while to find a parking spot. As soon as we entered the building we saw people already on the dance floor, dancing to the loud music. I scanned around until my eyes landed on Sam.

"You guys made it." she says as we approach her. "Come on our table is over here." She walks away an we follow.

The setup of this place is really quite clever. The tables are positioned along the walls leaving a huge open space in the middle for the dance floor.

"Hey Ryan." I greet as I sit down across from him.

"Hi Anna, long time no see huh." he says and smiles at me.

"Yeah. Sorry about that I got kinda busy." I say shyly.

"It's fine Anna, just don't let it happen again." He jokes.

Someone clears their throat from behind me and I realise that Trevor and Ryan have never met before. "Ryan this is Trevor, Trevor this is Ryan." I introduce the two men. They shake hands and Trevor then sits next to me.

"So Trevor tell me, can you dance?" Sam asks and I switch my gaze to him, awaiting his anwer.

"Well you would just have to wait and see." He teases and she rolls her eyes.

"How bout you show me right now?" she challenges.

He looks at me and I give him a nod telling him that it's fine by me. "Alright." he answers and gets up.

I watch as they make their way to the dance floor and starts gliding around. Well what do you know he really can dance. He looks so confident as he guides Sam across the floor. As they pass our table Sam mouths the words "Oh my gosh" And I can't help but laugh at her. I assume that means he is a good dancer.

"Shall we?" Ryan asks.

"We shall." I answer and he takes my hand and leads me to the dance floor. We danced a couple of rounds before the song we we're dancing to ends. We applaud along with all the other dancing couples and then return to our table, Sam and Trevor following.