Chapter 9

I press the buzzer and patiently wait for someone to answer.

"Yes?" Ryan's voice comes through on the intercom.

"Ryan, it's Anna. Open the gate please." I say into the intercom.

"Anna who?" he asks.

"Ryan.." I use my 'don't mess with me' voice and the gates open. I drive in and stop in front of his house. I don't have to wait long before they come running out of the hous, probably racing for the front seat. Sam spend the night at Ryan's house so I can pick them both up at the same time.

"I win!" Sam yells as her hand makes contact with the door handle. Ryan pouts as he geta in to the back seat. I just roll my eyes at their childish ways.

On the way to the mall we sang, very off key, to all the songs on the radio. Ryan sang the loudest and my ears practically fell off.

"I'm walking on sunshine, woah!" he yells.

I laugh at my stupid friend but he just keeps singing.

"I used to think maybe you loved me now baby I'm sure." Sam and Ryan sing.

"Come on Anna." Ryan begs.

I give in to his pleading face and sing the next vers "And I just can't wait for the day when you knock on my door."

They both stop singing and stare at me.

"What?" I asked

"That was fricken awesome!"  Ryan yells causing us to laugh.

"We have arrived." I announce.

They both jump out before I even get the chance to park. Farm kids. I join them seconds later and we enter the mall together. I haven't been here in a while.

We roamed around for a bit before deciding to watch a movie.

"What movie are we gonna watch, guys?" Sam asks jumping up and down exitedly.

"Now you see me 2." Ryan says.

"No!" Sam yells "I want to watch me before you." she whines.

"Okay rock paper scissors for it." Ryan suggests.

I watch as they battle it out. Sam wins the first one but Ryan wins the second and third one leaving him the ultimate winner. I silently cheer because I want to watch Now you see me 2 the aswell. Sam doesn't look happy though.

The movie was actually really good and Sam was back to her happy go lucky self when we came out. I smiled as Ryan kept telling her 'I told you so' and she got annoyed. I have the craziest best friends.When Sam got really pissed Ryan put his arm around her and her cheeks turned red. My eyebrows raised at this and I made a mental note to talk to her about it later.

We dropped Ryan off at his house and on the way to Sam's house I popped the question. "Sam?" I ask.

"Yeah." she replies

"Do you like Ryan?" I ask while watching her carefully.

She gets really uncomfortable and doesn't answer.

"I knew it!" I yell. "Sammy and Ryan sitting in a tree.."

She punches me on the shoulder. "Shut up."

I laugh at her. "Firstly, ouch and secondly, you guys will be so cute together." I chirp.

She silently smiles at that.

"How long have you been feeling like this?" I ask curiously.

"Well.." she starts

"Well?" I urge.

"Remember the party we were at-"

"Of course I remember, how could I forget." I state.

"Yeah yeah. Well after Trevor took you home I was worried about you and Ryan made me feel better. Then we danced the night away and I don't know, I just felt different towards him since then." She explains.

"Well I'm glad something good came from my misfortune" I joke.

"What do you mean? It's not a good thing it's a very,very bad thing." She says.

"What,  why do you say that?"I ask shocked.

"Because we're friends Anna. He probably doesn't even think of me as anything else." she says while turning her head to stare out of the window.

"That's not what it looks like to me." I reply.

"What do you mean?" She asks, now looking at me again.

"Well remeber at the same party a guy came and asked you to dance. Ryan was totally looking at you like he wants you." I explain.

"Really?" she asks, sounding hopeful.

"Definitely. I've seen longing plently times before and trust me he is longing for you."

"Oh my gosh!" She yells. "You have just made my day."

"You're welcome." I joke.

"What do you think I should do now?" She asks.

"Well start letting him know that you're interested. But be subtle about it." I answer.

"Oh I can be subtle." She says and we both giggle.