Chapter 25

"No laughing!"  I warn Trevor.

"I can't promise anything babe."

My heart skips a beat when he calls me babe but I quickly push the thought away. I roll my eyes at him and turn my attention back to Troublemaker. Today is the day I'm going to ride him. Well hopefully ride and not fly off of him. I've lunged him for the past hour and he looks relatively tired, which is what you want a horse to be when you first get on it's back.

"Alright boy, please please please be good. We're buddies right, you're not going to throw me off right."

Ugh what am I doing asking him questions. He's not going to answer. I should stop stalling and just get on already. Okay here goes nothing.

Slowly I place my foot into the stirrup and lift my body of the ground. My leg automatically swings over and I settle myself into the saddle. Instead of bucking me off like I suspected,  Trouble is standing patiently waiting for me to do something. This horse just keeps on amazing me.

My legs give his sides a gentle squeeze and he starts walking. I look over at Trevor, who is watching this whole scene with shock written over his face, and flash him a devilish grin.

"I win." I say proudly

"Yeah Yeah. The one time I wanted him to misbehave." He mutters and I laugh.

Trevor and I made a bet, he said that I'll be lying on the ground in the first few seconds, I of course said that I wouldn't. I won. Now he has to by my servant for the rest of the day.

I give Trouble a rewarding pat on his neck and hop off of his back. That's enough for today.

"Okay Trevor, here you go." I say while holding Trouble's reins out for him.

"Here I go what?" He asks confused.

"I want you to unsaddle him please." I say with a big smile.

"I hate you." He mutters and I can't help but laugh. This feels so good.

I stood and watched as Trevor unsaddled Trouble, rinsed him off and returned him to his paddock. He kept on glaring at me which only satisfied me more.

"Good work Trevy." I say while patting him on his head.

He growls at me and I slap him. "Bad dog!"

He doesn't laugh at my joke. He really is a sore loser. "Come on Trevor, handle your los like a man." I say

"No you don't understand, hasn't anyone ever told you to let your boyfriend win at everything." He asks

"Firstly yes they have but I'm not that kinda girl, and secondly I don't have a boyfriend." I answer full of confidence.

"What am I, a rock?" he asks sarcastically.

"No you're a human, but I don't recall you ever popping the question." I shrug and pretend it's not a big deal even though I've been waiting for him to ask me.

"Oh well alright then. Anna will you please be my girlfriend?" he asks.

My mouth drops open. That is NOT how he is going to do it. "No." I say flatly.