Chapter 15

I've been avoiding Trevor ever since our romantic encounter in the living room yesterday. My body is craving his, but my mind needs some time to think first. Luckily for me I haven't yet bumped into him today.

"Mom?" I say to get my mother's attention.

She turns around, taking her attention away from the food she is preparing and placing it on me. "Yes honey?"

"How do you know, like when...umm when someone is right for you?" I awkwardly ask.

Confusion spreads across her face. "Right for you how?"

Regret instantly comes over me. I shouldn't have said anything, if she knows about me and Trevor things will just be akward.

"Uhh-"

The sound of footsteps cut me off and seconds later a warm body is standing right behind me. I close my eyes and silently wish that it isn't the person I think it is.

"Mrs Claire." He acknowledges my mother.

"Hi Trevor. You can sit down, lunch is almost ready." She answers and then returns to her cooking.

The chair next to me slides backwards and Trevor lowers himself onto it. I give him a quick glance and see him grinning sneakily at me. What is he thinking? Not wanting to give him the satisfaction of looking at him, I turn my head away.

"So Anna.." he begins and I can hear the amusement in his voice. "How 'bout we go for a walk after lunch?"

My head shoots back to him and I see a mischievous sparkle in his eyes.

"Umm I'm not really in the mood.." I begin before getting cut of by my mom.

"Nonsense Anna, you've been lying around in the house all day. Time to get some fresh air" she half says half orders.

"But.." I try to protest.

"No buts Anna." she warns.

"Fine." My shoulders slouch in defeat and Trevor gives me a victorious smirk.

Dumbass.

~*~*~

"Come on" Trevor whines "let's go already."

"I'm coming keep your pants on." I say while exiting my room.

Trevor smirks and looks at me in a weird way. "Oh come on, I know you're silently wishing I would take them off."

My face reddens as I realise what he means. "Oh please, get over yourself." I nudge him slightly as I walk past but that only causes his smirk to deepen. Ugh.

He follows me down the hall and opens the front door for me. As I step out he places his hand on the small of my back which causes butterflies to erupt in my stomach. He gently guides me down a little road that leads to the forest.

"So Anna." He leans in and talks against my ear.

I gulp and try to ignore the goosebumps that's forming all over my body. "Yeah" I barely manage to get out.

"How would you like to pick up where we left off?" he whispers.

I decide to play dumb. "Where we left off?" I ask confused.

"Oh so you want to play that game." he smirks

"No-"

Before I was able to finish he pushed me backwards until my back came in contact with a tree. Then he leaned in real close.

"Anna, you really shouldn't tease" He warns.

I open my mouth to respond but instead Trevor's lips come crashing down on mine. I'm hesitant for a second but then his hands slide around my waist and I just couldn't resist anymore.

I riae up on my toes and hook my arms around his neck. He embraces me tighter and I love feeling so close to him.

After a few minutes of making out he pulls away. He flashes me one of his award winning smiles and then takes my hand in his,leading me further into the forest. We walked like this for a while before I gathered the courage to ask him about something that I didn't think I'd ever be asking.

"Trevor." I ask unsure.

"Yes my dear."

"Have you started Dandy's colt under saddle yet?" I ask nervously.

"No not yet, he's a bit of a trouble maker" he casually states.

"Well when you do, can I help?"

Trevor stops dead in his tracks at my question. He turns to me and searches my face, probably shocked. Then he smiles and hugs me. "Thought you'd never ask."