castiel || say something

|| not edited

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one, if you want me to
Anywhere, I would've followed you

Say something, I'm giving up on you

"Dammit, Cas, no!" you roar. He won't listen and you're pissed. "No! I'm not going to kill that kid. I don't care if it helps your heavenly civil war! He is a kid! He did nothing wrong! It's not his fault that Raphael took interest in him."

"(Y/N), that is one child." Cas's nostrils flare as he takes a few steps towards you. "He must be terminated. If he does not die, then the rest of the world will. And he'll go down with them. Either way, the child dies."

"You're heartless!" you scream. How can he be saying this? Kill Raphael, not the kid! "How could you even think of doing this?"

Cas opens his mouth to defend himself, but you interrupt. "No. I can't even look at you, much less listen to you speak." You walk away and lock yourself in the bathroom. Then the angry tears begin to fall.

And I am feeling so small
I was over my head
I know nothing at all
And I will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl

What have you done? You begin to shrink into yourself recalling what you said. And you said some bad things.

A sob escapes your mouth and you bury your face in your hands. If only you weren't so new at this. Then maybe you'd know what to do. Cas is your first boyfriend. You've never been able to be with anyone, considering you've been a hunter your whole life. You're a novice and you don't know how to treat someone you love.

And now you think you've ruined it.

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere, I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

A light knock sounds on the wooden door. You sniff and wipe your eyes before rising from your seat on the toilet seat to open it.

Cas stands there, his eyes full of remorse. Blood stains his white shirt.

You gasp. "What did you do?"

And I will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye

"(Y/N), I apologize, but it needed to be done-"

"No!" you yell, pushing past him. The tears are falling again. "No, you didn't!" You begin to throw your clothes into your suitcase.

"What are you doing?" Cas asks, fear creeping into his voice.

"Tell the Winchesters I left," you say angrily. "I can't work with you anymore."

Say something, I'm giving up on you
And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
And anywhere, I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

"(Y/N), no!"

You ignore him and open the door to leave.

"(Y/N), I love you!"

You sigh. "If you loved me, you would have told me before now. If you loved me, you wouldn't have killed that kid."

And you walk out.

Say something, I'm giving up on you
Say something