gabriel || "no, no, no, it's done like THIS"

|| not edited

You shake your head disapprovingly as you watch the scene play out from afar. A man, about 19, maybe 20, walking with his girlfriend's hand in his. He glances down at her every few seconds and smiles proudly at the sight of her. But every time, when he looks away, his girlfriend's eyes scan the park, drinking in the images of men walking their dogs, men sitting on park benches whilst reading, men pushing their children on the swings of the playground.

That poor boy does not deserve this, and you're going to do something about it. You close your eyes and focus, summoning a mental picture of the lead of the band on the girl's shirt. He's dressed in an obnoxious ringmaster getup from a music video made in, like, '06.

You open your eyes and glance down at your body. Sure enough, your body is now that of a man and you're in a bright red suit. You grin as you begin to follow the couple, trailing a few yards behind them. You're surprised that no one has noticed your flashy suit or recognized your face. It's convenient, so you're not complaining. Your luck is even better when the couple reaches a Porta-Potty and the boy disappears into it. 

You slowly approach the girl with a sly smile on your face. Her face lights up when she sees you. "Oh my God! Brendon Urie?" 

You nod. "Yes. And you're..." you pause as if you're searching for words, but you're really just stopping to focus on your figure. You can feel the power getting weaker and the visual beginning to waver. If the boyfriend could just hurry up... "Gorgeous."

The girl blushes. "Glad you think so."

You see the boy exit the Porta-Potty out of the corner of your eye and step forward, placing your gloved hand on the back of the girl's head. Was it bold? Yes. But does she care? No. You look like her idol, for God's sake. She won't say no. You lean forward and press your lips together. You keep your eyes open and smirk when you see her boyfriend running towards you. You pull away and let the girl open her eyes, taking in the scene.

They both gape at you. 

"Haven't you ever heard of closing the goddamn door?"

The girl screams and you furrow your brow, confused.

Then you glance down and realize that you're in your hoodie, sweatpants, and Converse. You look like yourself again. You glance up, smiling nervously while silently cursing yourself. Why couldn't you have maintained the image for just a little while longer?

"I'm not as think as you drunk I am."

The girl only screams louder, and her boyfriend storms towards you.

"Oh, come on, I'm hilarious," you whine before clenching your eyes shut and focus on your apartment. You open your eyes and say a silent prayer of thanks that it actually worked. You're still struggling with this whole "Trickster" gig.

The tears begin to well up in your eyes when you realize that you've failed yet again. You try to fight them, but you're too exhausted from the transformation and teleportation that you performed earlier. You collapse on your couch and curl up into a little ball, letting the tears fall freely. You're so horrible at this. What are you going to do?

"Please stop crying, you asshole. I'm gonna help you."

You shoot up and jump off your couch, searching for an owner to the new voice. You see a tall brunet man standing on the other side of your coffee table, deadpanning at you. You don't know why, but he seems like he doesn't pose a threat. And if he did, you could get out of it. If your powers didn't fail you, which with your luck, most likely would happen.