dean winchester || ghost

|| not edited

I'm searching for something that I can't reach

What happened to him?

I don't like them innocent, I don't want no face fresh
Want them wearing leather, begging, let me be your taste test
I like the sad eyes, bad guys, mouth full of white lies
Kiss me in the corridor, but quick to tell me goodbye

It was no surprise when you found your heart lusting after Dean. After all, he was your type. You like the kind that's great at the moment, and then you never have to see them again.

But it was a surprise when you found out that Dean was worth staying for.

You say that you're no good for me
'Cause I'm always tugging at your sleeve
And I swear I hate you when you leave
But I like it anyway

It hurts so much when he tells you that it can't happen again. He says that he's too dangerous, that you'll wind up getting hurt. He cares too much about you to see you get hurt. But he always comes back, because he knows that you two are too good to throw away.

My ghost, where'd you go?
I can't find you in the body sleeping next to me
My ghost, where'd you go?
What happened to the soul that you used to be?

But sometimes Dean is... hollow. He'll come home, and he'll do the things you tell him to, and he tells you to do things, too. But there's no more passion. And you love him, but you miss him, too.

You're a Rolling Stone boy, never-sleep-alone boy
Got a million numbers and they're filling up your phone, boy
I'm off the deep end, sleeping all night through the weekend
Saying that I love him but I know I'm gonna leave him

He's with other people sometimes. You pretend not to mind, because if it were anyone else, you wouldn't. And you stay with other people, too. You and Dean are one in the same. It's not that you don't love him; it's just that this is who you are. And the fact that he can't always be with you doesn't help.

You say that you're no good for me
'Cause I'm always tugging at your sleeve
And I swear I hate you when you leave
But I like it anyway

You press your lips to Dean's and pray that this is a good day, that he'll reciprocate. But instead he pushes you off his lap and cries, "(Y/N), we can't do this anymore!"

"Why?" you plead, your bottom lip quivering. You've never quivered before. Just one of the many things that Dean has been able to make you do. You love him so much it hurts.

"I don't want to hurt you," he whispers. "You need to leave."

Your nostrils flare. "Fine." You scoop up your car keys and storm out of the motel.

My ghost, where'd you go?
I can't find you in the body sleeping next to me
My ghost, where'd you go?
What happened to the soul that you used to be?

You don't understand this "danger" that Dean keeps talking about. He's a mechanic; how would that affect you? You shake your head. What happened to him? He wasn't like this at first.

I'm searching for something that I can't reach

You just want the old Dean back. The Dean who wasn't afraid to love you.

My ghost, where'd you go?
I can't find you in the body sleeping next to me
My ghost, where'd you go?
What happened to the soul that you used to be?