Chapter 4

My nerves were at an all time high when we walked into Simon's office. He stared at Harry's arm which was wrapped securely around me and he smirked, "You must be Tatum." And at the moment, I felt like fainting. And I swear, if Harry hadn't been there... I just might have.

"Hi," I walked a tad bit closer to his desk and held out my hand. Simon firmly shook it before gesturing with his hand for me to have a seat. Harry let go of me right before I took a seat in front of Simon's desk. Everyone gathered around my chair and I was thankful they stayed to support me, although I was still scared as hell. Harry's hand rest on my shoulder and squeezed it a little to reassure me that everything was gonna be okay. I looked up at him slightly and halved smiled, which he quickly returned with those ever so adorable dimples of his.

"So, how long have you been singing?" Simon folded his hands and leaned over his desk.

I licked my lips before opening them up to speak, "Well, honestly... I've been singing since I could remember. I just remember my dad singing me to sleep and how I would join in with him, until I grew drowsy. And how he'd whip out his guitar sometimes and I'd sing the tune to a new song everyday. I guess you could say I've been singing, ever since I could talk." I shyly smiled to myself, just thinking about the moments I spent with my dad. I felt a warm tear roll down my face and I quickly wiped it away, before anyone could take notice in it.

Simon nodded his head before leaning back in his chair, "Sing me something." He demanded, folding his arms behind his head. My eyes widen, I didn't think I was going to have to sing for him. I thought that was what the videos were for. A quick glance around the room, I clenched my eyes shut. Everyone seemed so eager to hear me sing. I knew I had to do this, I knew this was something my dad would want me to do. Inhaling deeply, I softly begun humming the intro to Not Over You by Gavin DeGraw. Moments later, I was practically belting the chorus. I glanced around the room one last time before finishing the last word. I bit my lip in participation while waiting for what seemed like forever for Simon's response. I watched American Idol and X-Factor, I knew how brutally honest he could be. And just knowing that, scared the living hell out of me.

A grin tugged on his lips before he opened them, "That was... fantastic. You could use a little work, but over all I believe you could be a big as these boys standing behind you." He motioned up towards the boys.

"Whoa, whoa," Louis butted in. "I won't deny that she's absolutely astounding, but no one will ever be as big as us." He nudged me playfully, grinning down at me. I stuck my tongue out at him and teasingly slapping his arm.

"I'll take you up on that challenge." I smirked, pointing up at him. He threw his arms up as in saying 'bring it on.' I furrowed my eyes brows over at him, smiling before focusing my attention back to Simon. I mentally prayed that he would in fact sign me, this was something I had always dreamt of but was always too afraid to try an achieve. But not now, I was ready. All I wanted to do now was make my dad proud, and that's exactly what an opportunity like this would offer. I cheekily smiled at Simon across his desk as he ran his hand over the lack of stubble he had.

"Come on Simon, you know you want to sign her." Niall spoke up, his Irish accent piercing through my ears. Thanks Niall, I mentally thanked him. Simon picked up his coffee mug and took a long sip from it, eyeing all of us over the brim of the mug. I was doing this on purpose, he was purposely trying to torture me by taking as long as possible to answer. And it was working, I freaking out on the inside.

Placing the cup back onto the desk, he folded his arms and smiled, "Welcome to Syco Music." I jumped up from my chair and ran around his desk and threw my arms around him, thanking him repeatedly. He patted my back laughing before pulling away. I ran over to the boys and Ariana and was swarmed around, everyone was cheering and congratulating me. Once everyone let go of me, Harry picked me up and spun me around. I giggled into his neck and I knew everyone was staring at us, and for once in my life, I didn't care.