Chapter 28

Tatum's POV.

Today was the day. The day I had been waiting for since the very first moment I laid eyes on him. I was shaking nervously, but the smile on my face was a mile long. My hands trailed down the beautiful white fabric in amazement. I spun around and watched in the mirror as the dress twirled in the circle along with me.

"If you keep spinning around like that, you're gonna get yourself sick." A familiar voice cleared their throat behind me. My eyes widen in surprise when it was my dad standing before me. I didn't move; I couldn't move. Tears instantly began to flow down my face as he made his way over to me. His arms were open wide and that same handsome smile was plastered against his face.

I finally built up the courage to move as I met him half way and ran into his arms. It was the same warm embrace I had grown up loving; the same embrace that I had missed terribly. But he's here right now and that's all that matters. "Daddy, what are you doing here?" I whimpered into the crook of his neck.

He laughed slightly, "You think I'd miss my only child's wedding?" His hands ran up and down my back in a soothing manner. "You look beautiful, Tate." He used the little pet name he would always call me as a child, but the older I got, the more I hated the name. It was a boy's name is what I would always tell him. He would shake his head in amusement and just shrug it off. Damn, how I missed him.

"I missed you, it's been so long." I looked up to stare into those shimmering blue eyes of his.

He smiled down at me, "I was never gone, sweetie. I was always here, right in there." His index finger pressed against my chest, directly where my heart lay. The grin on my face widen when the words fell from his mouth.

"I love you, Daddy." I snuggled closely to him, hugging him tighter than before. I wasn't going to let this moment slip from my grasp.

"I love you too, baby girl." His fingers guided throughout my hair. "You better get out there, you don't want to keep everybody waiting do you?" He smirked.

"Aren't you going to walk me down the aisle?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. The father was suppose to give his daughter away at weddings, so why wasn't he jumping at the opportunity to do so?

He shook his head no, "I wish I could, Tatum. I wish I could." He lips lingered against my forehead as he kissed me before moments later, vanishing into thin air. I was left in a complete state of shock; wondering if he was ever really there. He was here one minute, and gone the next... just like last time. I grabbed a hold of the edge of the vanity to steady myself, because I knew at any moment, I'd topple over.

"Tatum, it's time." Ariana popped her head into the dressing room. I shot her my best smile before fixing the small smudging of makeup and following her outside. The butterflies fluttered care-freely around in my stomach as each of the bridesmaids and groomsmen linked arms and strolled down the red carpeted aisle.

This was really happening. Harry and I were really getting married right now, I thought as the the piano began playing the tune of Here Comes the Bride. "Ready?" I asked Lux as she gripped the basket of rose petals. She nodded her head in excitement as the doors swung opening, revealing hundreds of familiar yet some unfamiliar faces. The only thing I could really focus on right now was Harry and how handsome he looked in his tuxedo. The closer I got to him, the clearer his widen eyes appeared. I could see the tears brimming at his eyes, threatening to spill at any moment. His hands found their way up to his mouth as he stared at me in pure amazement. I was smiling like a god damn idiot, but at this point, I couldn't care less. I was about to get married to the man of dreams and I couldn't be anymore content with my life right now.