3. The plan

Draco met Hermione that night, as promised. Once again they sat their together by the fire, the happiest they had ever been. “What are we going to do for this Christmas party?” Hermione asked knowing exactly what she wanted to do.

“I suppose we’ll just have to go with other people, we can meet up there, and after as well if that’s what you want?” he responded. Hermione nodded and then looked down at the floor upset, “Where are you going this holiday?” she changed the subject quickly to avoid crying.

“Home, you?” “I’m staying here this time, mum and dad are travelling so I thought I’d stay and catch up on…” “Come with me!” he suggested, “To my home, my parents plan to go out of the house for a meal! We can stay there!” Hermione was shocked at this sudden proposal. “Oh…” she quickly though about it “When will we leave?!” “During the Christmas party, we could sneak out and no one would notice! My parents won’t be home until the 25th, think about it, 3 days of just us, no hiding, lying or acting, just me and you!”

Hermione became very excited at the idea of just the 2 of them, “Yes! Ok!” The passion and emotion shone through both of their faces. Draco kissed Hermione vigorously, expressing his feelings for her in one simple, yet meaningful action and then once again left the Gryffindor common room secretively.