5. Marauders Map

When they finally got there Hermione was trying to conjure up a way to slip away from Ron and get some time alone with Draco as they had discussed the previous night. They needed to run over the plan of escaping the Christmas party tomorrow evening.

Ron gasped excitedly “OH. MY. GOD HERMIONE! Honeydukes!” This was her chance. She thought to herself. Ron would be distracted by Honeydukes, she could easily slip away unnoticed, and wait by the forest by the Shrieking Shack, just as she had planned. Could it be that easy? She hesitated as she questioned herself for a second, but saw Draco look at her from the other end of the street, and went on her way, swiftly followed by Draco.

Harry had a plan. Using the marauders map, he navigated himself though the quickest passage to get him from the castle, to Hogsmeade village, where he had planned to meet Ron in the forest by the Shrieking shack. Harry ended up, after walking through a very long tunnel, in the cellar of Honeydukes.

Harry put on his cloak of invisibility, and walked quietly up the wooden stairs, which lead to the main sweet shop. It was packed with students from Hogwarts. Dean was making the choice of which acid pop he would buy, Neville walked past holding 3 unopened chocolate frogs, Seamus was observing Bertie Botts every flavoured beans, debating which one he should try next, preparing himself for an unpleasant surprise.

There was no sign of Ron; he must be waiting for me thought Harry. Still hidden under his cloak, Harry opened the front door walked out and began to walk to the forest, as he admired the choir, the 3 broomsticks, and the Hogsmeade station.