Entry # 4: Better Left Unsaid

“Graduation Rites will be on the 29th of March, 2014. It’s a Saturday” Mr. Bitang, our oh-so-handsome adviser, said nonchalantly. Of course, we – being the loudest and the craziest class – started to scream, screech, and jump. Some were even dancing, prancing, and doing the acrobatics. I even heard someone doing the “whistle register” that Mariah Carey always does. Well … that was a bit off, wasn’t it? And the fact that it was already March 25, let’s just say, it didn’t helped in shutting the sudden uproar down.

While we were doing our seemingly-endless cheering, I saw our teacher discreetly covering his ears. Poor old man, He usually brings his earplugs with him. Where is it, by the way?! Ho-ho-ho, what would expect from us, the overly-hyped teenagers, sir?! WE’RE FINALLY DONE WITH HIGH SCHOOL! Well okay, Almost.

Two minutes passed, the noise slowly fading, a thought about someone crossed my mind. Cool. It’s now or never. It’ll be graduation in a matter of five days, anyway. I sighed, giving myself a very slow applause – only on my, of course (because I don’t wanna end up in a Mental Institution for these coming days). Oh, damn this love.

They say, “it’ll be hard t keep all of your feelings in a bottle. For as time goes by, your load will not be getting any lesser or any lighter.”

And I, second the motion.

Confession about a love interest is not my forte. And to add some twist to my pretzie-pretzel love story, I. AM. GAY – Yes, as gay as the unicorn sliding down the rainbow. So, falling in love with another guy is a lot more complicated than “Falling in Love with the opposite sex” really is – to an extent where the chances of mutual understanding will be less than ‘-1000%’. No no, don’t hit me! I’m not saying that the whole “Falling in Love” Idea is not complicated, though.

I can still remember the day that I first met him – or more like, ‘Saw’ him…

It was the first day of enrollment for the academic year 2013-2014. I, being the Independent and loner guy that I am, was alone. While he was being accompanied by his group of friends. The registrar’s office was not that big, anyway, so I clearly saw his face. Gorgeous. And there were only a few people (You know how some students work; they tend to like enrolling late. Procrastinators.)

I suddenly felt uncomfortable – feeling like someone has been staring at me. So, I glanced behind my back. He was staring – they were staring – at me, or in the less assuming case, at my direction. Oh, and did I missed the part where I’ll tell you that, there’s no one else standing near me?! Well, I guess I did.

I, then, suddenly laughed. He was being pushed. And me, gawking curiously at them. He smiled at me so, I, smiled back.

You see, it was not ‘love at first sight’. But he, sure did, caught my attention – making me remind myself to put a bookmark of him in my mind.

I was taken back to the present when our teacher suddenly cleared his throat.

“Okay. Enough, students. Since you guys wasted our time for discussion, I’m not giving you any. Besides, we don’t have anything to discuss with, so let’s call it a day. Class dismissed. Have fun!” He stated.

With that said, we started drifting off. Going back to our own houses.

But, I won’t be having any ‘Fun’ tonight. I want to think of a way on how to confess this effin’ feeling to him, without him seeing me. I know that I might end up a sober, but if it’ll make me feel lightheaded, I won’t mind.