Don't Be Afraid

Chapter 25
Quinns pov:
I was at home doing my homework when there was a knock on my door. I got up and opened it to see Shelby standing there.

"Shelby." I said suprised.

"I came to say goodbye." She said.

"What?" I said confused.

"I'm moving to California with Beth. My sister Rose is there and she is going to help me take care of Beth while I'm in chemo . I'm going fight for my life and I need to promise me something." She said.

"What, not to take back my kid?" I asked rudely.

"She's not your daughter anymore Quinn. She is being taking care of by me for the past two years and will be for the rest of her life. You have to move on." She told me.

"She is my daughter!" I yelled.

"Grow up Quinn! She is not your daughter anymore you may be her real birth mom but I am her mom. Me! I change her diapers and I love her when she gets hurt, and one day you will have that! You will have it but not with Beth because she is my daughter." She told me.

"Get out!" I yelled.

"You can't be afraid Quinn! If you really love Beth then give her the best chance with me because I love her more than anything . So let her go and go to Yale or Harvard or where ever you want to go. But don't stay here because there is nothing here for you. Go and live your life." She said and left.