Still Standing

Chapter 34
(2 weeks later )
Rachel's pov:
It's been two weeks since Quinn's accident and I feel awful. If only I never sent that text she wouldn't have gotten in that accident. Finn and I ending up putting the wedding on hold once we heard about Quinn.

"God I feel awful about Quinn this is all my fault." I said to Finn at our lockers.

"Hey , don't say that it could've happened to any one of us. She's okay though and that's the important part is the she's okay." Finn said .

"She's coming back today Finn." I said.

"I know." He said and then suddenly we saw Quinn in her wheel chair with Artie .

Quinn's pov:
Today's my first day back at school . Things are different now , really different and somehow I survived it . I survived and now I'm going to live everyday being thankful and strong till I get out of this wheel chair because it's not forever. Artie is volunteering to help me out which is great because he gets it and I could really use a friend like that especially now. I was wheeling down the hall way when I saw Finn and Rachel.

"Hey Quinn we missed you so much!" Rachel said .

"Don't, Don't. I could have easily become one of those creepy memorials in the yearbook but , by the grace of god I'm still here. Believe it or not this is the happiest day of my life." I told them,"Come on Artie , I'll race you to the choir room ." I said.
(Music)
[Quinn:]
You could never know what it's like
Your blood like winter freezes just like ice
And there's a cold lonely light that shines from you
You'll wind up like the wreck you hide behind that mask you use

[Artie:]
And did you think this fool could never win
Well look at me, I'm coming back again
I got a taste of love in a simple way
And if you need to know while I'm still standing you just fade away

[Quinn & Artie:]
Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind

I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah

[Quinn:]
Once I never could hope to win
You starting down the road leaving me again

[Artie:]
The threats you made were meant to cut me down
And if our love was just a circus you'd be a clown by now

[Quinn & Artie:]
Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind

I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah

Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind

I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah
(End of song)
Everyone clapped and I said,

"Thank you everyone, if there's one thing I'm thankful for it's that I'm here today and my promise to you guys is that by the time of Nationals, I'll be dancing up there with everyone else." I said hopeful.

"Well we're happy to hear that Quinn." Mr. Shue said and everyone clapped.

(2 days later)
Rachel's pov:
We were in the library planning senior ditch day . I couldn't help but feel guilty as everyone talked.

"Okay I've been waiting 5 years for this , Senior ditch day plans , go!" Puck said.

"Ooh, Gershwin/Sondheim scavenger hunt!" Kurt said.

"That sounds like torture." Santana said.

"I want actual ideas Kurt." Puck said.

"Oh Footloose marathon, Footloose, Footloose 2." Mike said.

"It's spring , I wanna watch something give birth." Brittney said randomly and everyone chuckled .

I couldn't take it anymore , I had to say something.

"Quinn I'm so sorry." I said . "It was my wedding that you were going to and it was my text that you were answering and now we're all sitting here talking about this day that is supposed to be the most important day of our high school live and we're-we're completely forgetting the fact that she's sitting in that chair." I said upset. "It's not right, it shouldn't be like this." I said.

"Well maybe not but this is the way it is. My accident, which you did not cause by the way, does not define me or ruin our senior year. I meant what I said in the choir room, I'm not going to dwell on this and neither should anyone of you. Okay, come here." She said and we hugged . "Now we are ditching as planned. I think we should go to six flags." She told everyone .

"Lady Fabray has spoken six flags it is. Meeting adjourned." Puck said and we all left.