CHAPTER 32: Out of This Place

Of course, everyone has a weakness. Some were time, their crushes, money, light, dark, but in Audrey's case, it was her Mom.

It took more of my torturing-using darkness- thingy before she spilled everything. 

She told me that she was always just a teenage girl living in the human world while practicing her magic every single night in her room when creatures from the Dark realm attacked her and imprisoned her mom. At first, she didn't want to join but once Lukas explained to her the history of the hatred between Gods and Addonexus', she immediately snapped and didn't think twice to join.

Now, if you don't know anything about the God- Addonexus rivalry, well, it's because God's are very traditional when it comes to creature species and they think Addonexus' are not pure enough or not deserving at all to have magic. Well, because Addonexus' are supposed to be humans and if it weren't for space and science, they wouldn't have been altered, not to mention, into powerful supernatural beings, and for that, God's envied them and decided to throw them to Hades.

I told her that we would hide her mom in safety and allow her to have a normal life, if she helped us in return. And, thankfully, she said yes.

I slowly pointed my wand at her and lowered it down to her body to release her from the petrifying spell.

"What are we waiting for? Let's get Matt." I whispered.

"What are you whispering for? and no, we cannot get Matt. If I turned against them they would hurt Mom, so we need to get her first, understand?" She said calmly.

"Yes Ma'am, you may lead the way." I said smiling and pointed my wand again at her back to remind her that we're still not goody-goody buddies.

She just simply glared at me and started walking. We turned on a few corridors and I'm very surprised that no one is here. A few more halls and we went down a long spirally stair, when we reached the room, I observed that it was very dark and was only lit by a few torches, stereotypical dungeons.

"If this is so easy to find, why didn't you free your mother yourself instead?" I said breaking the silence that was started ever since I pointed my wand at her.

"Exactly, if it was how easy as you think, I would've freed Mom myself, so since I can't it means that it's not that easy." She replied fastly, without even a single stutter.

Damn, Addonexus' are smart.

"Touche, smart ass." I said which made her laugh.

I think her laughs are genuine, because even that small, low laugh she did earlier was like heavy for her, this girl is going through a lot.

"Here we are." She said, stopping at a cell door.

I walked to it and I wasn't able to see anything because it was so dark then suddenly Audrey placed her hand inside the bars of the cell and pointed her finger to a wall and then, light ignited from a torch.

A beautiful woman was laying... asleep on air.

"She's de... d... dead?" I ask stuttering because I'm bad at dealing with death.

"NO! She's not! Adeline put a spell on her so she wouldn't know anything about us. Now please try to open this damn cell!" She said panicking, finally losing her calm manner.

"I'm sorry... I will do my best." I said looking at her with sympathy and walked to the cell after.

She gave me space and she finally, sat down on the floor and judging from her look, she's very tired and she just wants this over. I tried my best to avert my attention from her and went on with the cell bars.