CHAPTER 37: She's Killing My Partner

I spent an hour reading my book and sometimes showing Drake new spells I've learned, and he experimented making stuff with the elements and sometimes he would show me what he learned, it went on like that and sometimes we would exchange some jokes which turned out to be cringey af.

"Kids, gather around, I'll be teaching you for a while." Esadora's voice filled my ear.

By this time, teens have cleared out around the dome, since they have their own trainings, Adults have gone too, to supervise the kids, who are being taught at least a little bit of self-defense.

I was too caught up scanning the crowd, that I didn't even notice that Drake was handing his hand out to me. I smiled at him and gratefully took his hand. He let go of it as soon as I was on my feet, good thing to know he's not one of those flirty guys who hit on everything that has a  female reproductive organ. We started walking towards the middle of the dome, which had  seats curved out, shaped as a semi-circle, in the middle of the circle was a white-board.

"Do you really think Cheska has snakes in her hair?" Drake smirked nudging me as we sat down and watched Cheska walking with Zach beside him and they were talking in a flirty way.

"Yeah, I really think she does." I whispered. "But we have to shut up unless we want to see them." Then he chuckled.

As soon as everyone was seated. Esadora walked towards the front of the board and started writing with her wand. She wrote : Weak Spots 

"I'll be lecturing you for another hour children then you'll head on to real training." She spoke and we just remained silent, everyone focusing.

"So who knows anything about weak spots?"

Of course we all know what weak spots mean but someone over there felt competitive. A.K.A. Cheska.

Her hand shot straight right up and she sat straight, wearing her proud look.

"Oh, Cheska dear. Go ahead, enlighten us." Esadora cheerfully said.

She sat even straighter, if that was possible. "It's the weak factors of your enemy that you could use against them, if you know what to do properly." She then smiled and it was sickening.

"Correct, and who would like to give an example?" Esadora again asked and guess what? Her hand shot straight up again. Spell annoying. This time, she stood up.

"For example. Her." That's when she looked at me, making everyone do the same. " Weak spot is her wand, get it, beat her, but then she has her mouth. Umm, I'd suggest sealing it tight." She smiled again then went back on to her seat.

"Well, that was a good example, maybe a little bit too detailed, nonetheless, a good example." Esadora fidgeted giving us a pursed smile.

"So, okay, that's it, we're learning about them today, how to hide you're weak spots, how to strengthen them, how to find your enemy's weak spots and how to umm, weaken it." She smiled nervously again. "I'm gonna give you a few questions for you to answer first, then we'll proceed on the lesson." She walked around the tables and gave us each a test paper, when she handed mine, I felt it was a little bit thicker than the others. I checked it out and saw something underneath, an old page of a book,it read.

Concealing your Wand.

It has a load of instructions and on the bottom, in handwriting, said:

You should do advanced reading Rania dear.

I smiled

"Hey, what's that?" Drake said hovering over me.

I tried to hide it but he saw it even so.

"What language is that? It's like weird gibberish to me." He scrunched his nose up.