CHAPTER 9: Trust me babe, that's not the only side to the story

"You'll know someday, just don't let them take you." A voice said which I presume is my Moms. She was crying and her hand was inches away from me yet I let her slip.

I stood up straight, my sudden movement causing me dizziness.

I wandered my head throughout the room and saw that they were all sound asleep. I saw this as a chance for me to be alone so I stood up and I tried my best to be as quiet as I could.

I went down the stairs and exited the treehouse.

I wouldn't recognize that it was already night since my surroundings were all lighted up both by the moon and stars and also the enchanting lights they placed around the house.

I walked on the soft grass bare foot since I forgot my shoes upstairs. It was so nice, the feeling of freedom. Even though I'm out of that orphanage I still felt empty, that there's just something or someone missing inside me. I continued on walking until I reached the spot where we did the ritual earlier, I sat in the same circle and reached my hand in the water.

The place was eerily cold but the water was more of warm. It was welcoming and although I saw fog every time I opened my mouth or let out air, I tried to suck it in and pretended it wasn't cold.

But no matter how much convincing my brain does, I can feel my body slowly giving in to the cold night.

"Are you fucking trying to kill yourself!" Someone shouted as he draped a clothing over my shoulders covering my body.

I looked up sheepishly barely noticing that it was Zach because it was as if my soul is leaving me.

"I'm sorry." I said but I think he heard it as a whisper.

"Now tell me, what are you doing here in the dead of the night?" He asked sitting down next to me.

"You wouldn't understand."

"Trust me, I've heard lots of crazy thing before and hearing one more wouldn't surely hurt." He said looking at me but I'm not returning his act.

"It's just that I feel that I don't belong here."

I said that but I didn't hear an answer afterwards.

Instead he placed his hand on top of mine and gave me a reassuring squeeze. 

"It's okay I feel that too."

That was the last thing I heard then my body gave in to the cold embrace of the night.

***

"Who is this?" 

"NO, why is she here?"

"Oh, I think she's the new girl."

"Such a bitch, it's her first week here and she's already like this?"

The only thing I was hearing was things like those. Who were they talking about?

A couple of minutes passed and I still heard murmurs until I heard shouting.