CHAPTER 12: Rania! Think air, flight, wings, shit! don't die!!!

"Damn."

Zach said as I felt eyes fixating on me.

I am surprised as well of what I just did. I just shot 5 arrows straight into the 5 targets also almost in 5 seconds.

"What just happened?" I said completely unaware that I am handy with a bow.

"I don't know either babe, but I know for sure that I'm lucky to pick you." He said still unable to move normally.

I roamed my head around and saw other girls gossiping and more guys smiling weirdly at me.

"Okay enough practice, get ready for battle in 10 minutes." Mr. Cade shouted finally scooping all the attention away from me.

We've been training for almost half an hour already where we've been taught how to use weapons and apparently I'm good at self-defense but sadly, I'm so bad at magic. Now, I'm preparing myself to die, cause we're gonna have a face to face battle with 6 more pairs of magic infused teens.

The mechanics of the whole thing is, don't try to kill anyone, do anything not to die, and be the last pair standing. So that's it, no more, no less.

Mr. Cade arrived after he took a phone call.

We are given 5 minutes to hide ourselves then Mr. Cade will sound an alarm that will signal the start.

Zach just violently grabbed my wrist and pulled me into this dark place which is hidden by these trees with big branches and leaves.

"You are so goddamn eager about winning this stupid thing." I said which appeared louder than I thought because it made Zach cover my mouth with his hand.

"Will you please be quiet, you are gonna get us either burned or knocked out for a week." He said whispering.

I am absolutely scared yet nervous of what he means by "burned or knocked out for a week".

A loud scary alarm blasted which almost made my ear bleed then I saw two people fighting on air.

"Who are those two? They're so brave to advertise themselves to the other contenders." I said awkwardly pushing myself towards Zach because I was so scared of fighting with these advanced magical creatures.

"That's Anastasia, she's a phoenix, she's very nice but she's one of the best fighters here in terms of magic and that's Trevor, he's a Druin."

"What in the world is a Druin?" I said trying my best to keep my voice down.

"They're just like werewolves but they're in a different pack since they're demonic." He said.

I watched closely as the phoenix blasted the evil wolf with orange to red flames and as the wolf teleported back and forth to scratch and hurt her.

" Aren't we supposed to fight people too."

"You have lots of questions don't you?" He said, annoyance clear in his face.

"Yes, I do." I replied rolling my eyes.

Just as Zach was about to open his mouth, this girl who appeared out of thin air (who still looks like thin air) pushed us both before shouting, "couples don't last in battles!" then laughed so loud.

"Damn ghost!" Zach screamed.

I tried to turn my head but it was somehow useless since we were just rolling down in this endless cliff, albeit my blurry vision I saw that we were heading on a pile of rocks.

"Zach, we're gonna die, I'm gonna turn into pieces!" I screamed so loud but that gave Zach enough time to cast a shield around us but as soon as our feet touched the rocks safely the shield disappeared.