Chapter 24- Break

"Josh, please you have to go." I stare at his stained cheeks consumed with sadness.

"Tyler you don't understand."

"Yes I do josh! You can't just break up with Alex!" I say tear still constantly running down my hot freezing cheeks.

"I don't know what to do about Alex but I do know I needed to do this before I left." He says right before he takes his index finger and thumb and put it on my chin taking his mouth into mine.

Nothing intense, just passionate and soft.

I can feel his eyes closed and I can only imagine how beautiful he looks right now. I don't understand how I met someone so perfect. His lips aren't even chapped, they just feel soft and plump against mine. The feeling of his lips in between mine depends on me to savor this beautiful moment of goodbye. Goodbye to love. True love. Two people that love each other but can't be together. Wow I've never heard that situation before. But somehow it seems different with us.

His tongue brushes against my bottom lip softly but doesn't invade my mouth, he just kisses me and oh my god it's the best thing I've ever felt. His fingers are cold but warm up from my heated face.

Why can't it be like this forever. I just want josh like this. Pure. Just me and josh, two boys who love each other. God I wanna cry so bad.

Josh pulls away, in the slightest way biting my bottom lip I almost wasn't able to tell. He kisses me softly just once more. One more. He needed to. I needed it.

"I don't want to say goodbye Tyler, so see you later." Josh says softly against my mouth, cold index finger and thumb still against my face.

"Josh." I whisper, able to feel his heated breath against mine. Almost out of breath.

"I love you Tyler."

"I love you too josh." A say just as another tear falls along with another choked sob.

He leaves.

He leaves me. He loves someone else.

The sound of the door shutting pounds in my head, and I cry so hard. That feeling when it starts to burn into your eyelids and the feeling stays there even when you're done crying. But I didn't stop. I cried myself to my weakest point. I, feeling like the one millionth time this week, cried myself to sleep.

***

Josh's pov

"I dunno Alex, do you wanna just go to like the movies or something? We can see that movie you wanted." I say rubbing Alex's thigh as he lays on top of me. Internally smiling a bit. He looks so cute. Tyler would do this sometimes, straddle me and kiss me and it would be the most adorable thing ever. His hair would look messy, he would wear one of my shirts way too big for him. I miss him.

"I dunno Joshie," Alex goes on(I still don't think he knows I hate that nickname), "why don't we just go out to dinner or something?"

"I dunno...where do ya wanna go?" I ask slightly tensed.

"Wherever you want." He says putting his hand over mine.

"We could go to this coffee shop I would always go to with tyl- sorry." I say mentally slapping myself.

"It's fine I just don't know if you're over him...the other night I mean you could stop saying his name in your sleep and it sounded like another one of your nightmares. You know how much you worry me..." Alex drones on.

"I know I know I just, I had a lot of memories with him you know about some of the problems we had and stuff." I say a few memories coming back with Debby...

"Joooosh, we both know that some part of you still loves him..." Alex says. And he's right.

"I loved tyler, but I'm in love with you now Alex." I say, half lying.

"I love you josh, so much." Alex says pressing his forehead against mine.

"I love you more Alex you have no idea." I say this hesitantly. Not even knowing if I mean it or not.

"Do you?" Alex says.

"Aleeex are we really gonna go through this again?" I say sliding out from under him.

"I'm sorry it's just you never stop talking about him...you can't expect me to not be concerned" Alex says in an annoyed tone.

"You're the one always bringing him up." I say almost yelling pouring a drink.

"Do you expect me not to? Tyler this, Tyler that! I'm sorry that you're still in love with him!" Alex says tears brimming.

"I'm!-" I yell slamming the glass on the counter but immediately stop myself, "I'm in love with you Alex and Tyler's not gonna get in the way of that."

"Oh he isn't now? Then would you mind telling me where the hell you were last night then?!" Alex yells shoving me a bit, voice cracking as his tears slide down his cheek.

"I told you I was at Matty's house to drink a bit, and just hang out." I say lying through my teeth.

"And how come you didn't bring me then?" Alex complains.

"You wouldn't know anyone there..." I roll my eyes.

"Nice excuse, can you just sleep on the couch tonight or something I can't stand you right now." Alex says turning around.

"You can't stand me?" I Mumble under my breath.

"What was that?" Alex says turning back to face me.

"Oh shut up, forget sleeping on the couch, I'll be out I think we need a break for awhile okay?"

"You going to Tyler's?"

"As a matter of fact, no." I say grabbing my jacket in the process.

"Whatever."

***

Meanwhile Tyler wasn't any better.

Yooo, I know I haven't updated in like awhile I'm serryyyy