Hidden Kiss (Fantasy AU)

AN: short, weird and kinda dark drabble.

---

He has watched her forever.

He was a deity, an angel of death, a curse.

He first saw her when he was ordered to fetch Gloria, her grandmother.

He saw her, a child then. But he can already see that her sweet mocking mouth had one kiss, hidden at the right hand corner--and he was drawn.

For the first time, an angel of death fell in love.

He always goes back to their world just to look at her; and to see a glimpse of her hidden kiss.

When she was ten, she played alone in their garden. That was the first time he approached her.

They became friends. She was easy to befriend. She was very kind and very friendly.

And he started visiting her more often.

She entered high school. That’s when she asked her first question.

“What are you?”

“I’m your friend.” He answered promptly.

“Yes, but why am I the only one who can see you?”

“That’s cause I’m an angel.” He said honestly.

“So you’ll stay with me forever?” She asked.

“If you wish it.”

But then she made other friends and he was left to stare.

And then she was befriended by a boy. JC was his name.

He knew at once that this boy have feelings for Nadine.

He knew it would come but he wasn’t ready to disappear from Nadine’s life yet. Once she’d given her hidden kiss to other, he could not present himself to Nadine anymore.

So, when they went back to the garden where they first converse, he kissed her; but only at the side of her mouth. He knew he can’t claim her hidden kiss for himself, it was their law. An angel of death can never covet a mortal’s kiss.
But he wants to taste even just a little bit of it; just a bit of her. So, he kissed the right side of her mouth, just by the right-handed corner.

And they were bound. They must always be together for they now share a kiss. He must stay by her side at least until Nadine gave her hidden kiss to other.

Years went by. Nadine was now a young woman.

But she hadn’t given her hidden kiss yet. And so he stayed by her side.

But one day at work, she met a young man. And he knew it wasn’t much time now.

The two fell in love; he was watching them the whole time. But Nadine still didn’t give her kiss.

And then at the eve of their wedding, she returned to their garden and he knew it was time.

“So this is our last time together, huh?” Nadine broke the silence.

“Yes.”

“I won’t be seeing you anymore?”

“No.”

Nadine’s tears fell but she was smiling.

The next day, Nadine gave James her hidden kiss and she could see him no more.

She didn’t know that him was still there.

“So you’ll stay with me forever?”

“If you wish it.”

- okay, this is a bit more dark and a bit more deep. (im sorry im in a weird mood lol.) the angel of death represents sadness or depression. the hidden kiss represents the heart--happiness. if you give your kiss/happiness to another, only then will the angel of death/sadness leave you. it is in your hand, but it's always difficult to give it away. (depression is a disease tho, so it's not entirely just a matter of choice. idk if sadness is strong enough tho lol). i put the "if you wish it" at the end to show that it is easy to go back to sadness because it's always there, and it can come close if you let it.
- actually inspired by Peter Pan. there's an interpretation of the story where they saw Peter as an angel of death, and the lost boys was actually lost souls. the hidden kiss is also from there, Wendy had a hidden kiss in the right corner of her mouth.
- who thought that the angel of death was james? lol. i tried to make it look a bit romantic from the start for impact 😂🔫