Mother's Day Concert (SU)

just a drabble. half asleep when i wrote this. tbh, this scene has been on my mind since Feb 20, 2016 🔮😂

-

Nadine watched from the backstage as James do his spiels. They were back in Araneta and she couldn't help but remember their first concert together.

Has it already been six years?

It didn't feel like it.

It was refreshing to have a concert with James again. It's been years since their last one and it's much more easier together, of course. It doesn't feel like working, to be honest.

"This next song is for my mom. I love you!" James ended his spiels and started his song.

Nadine smiled as she watched, wondering what JaDines are thinking now. She knew that there had been a lot of reactions from their comeback concert being a Mother's Day concert. Knowing how their minds work, some are probably convinced she's pregnant or maybe even have a secret child. Their fans was a lot of things, that's for sure.

"You showed me
When I was young just how to grow
You showed me
Everything that I should know
You showed me
Just how to walk without your hands
Cause mom you always were
The perfect fan"

James sang as photos of Tita Ella and a young James flashed in the background. Nadine could see Tita Ella in her seat, already crying.

Today's concert was actually really for their mothers (and they also had a production dedicated to the mothers in JaDineland earlier.) Both she and James had insisted on this day because they want to give their moms this special moment before anything else.

As the song nears the end, Nadine watched as James go down the stage to approach Tita Ella. She could see Chantal urging their mom to stand.

"Cause mom you always were,
Mom you always were,
Cause mom you always were... the perfect fan." James sang the last lines while hugging Tita Ella. Nadine could see that even Chantal is crying now, as well as their fans.

"I love you, Mom. Thank you for everything." James said and gave Tita Ella a kiss.

The audience applauded and James stayed a while to soothe Tita Ella who was now sobbing onto him. When Tita Ella turned to Chantal and let James go, he went back up to the stage and called Nadine's name.

Nadine could feel her heart pounding. She's been performing for years now to different stages in different parts of the world. She still gets nervous before each performance, but she enjoys the rush and the adrenaline.

But now, she was almost scared. This was a special performance. This was for her mom. And everything will change after this. There was a reason why they saved this performance for last.

Nadine smiled as the audience welcomed her back on stage. James could probably see that she's nervous because he lingered during the first half of her spiels and kissed her temple before going backstage.

"So, since it's Mother's Day I also have a special number, of course for my mom." Nadine said and turned to look at her mom who was sitting right by the stage, close to where Tita Ella was.

"Hi, mom." She said with a wave. "This one is for you."

The lights on the stage dim except for a spotlight on Nadine and the lights in the audience area remained.