Chapter 10: Last day at Hogwarts

We go through the rest of the year the same way, going to class, fighting off Severus and lots of laughing. I've keep my ring on, but no one says anything, especially Severus. I haven't talked to him in forever. James and I spend tons of time together, but not all the time. Tomorrow is our last day here, and none of us want to leave so early. Exams went by fast and were simple. I have applied to a few places to get a job, but none have responded. I'm really hoping to work at the ministry, set a good example for women there. Were all in the common room, but I'm completely zoned out with day dreams. I hear a ticking noise, but it goes unregistered.

"Hey Lily, you have a letter. It says it's from the ministry." James says, completely confused. I never told him that I applied. I jump from the chair and snatch the letter out of his hand and open it, with James reading it behind me.

Dear Miss Evans,

We are pleased to say that you will be a perfect fit for this job.

We are impressed with you being the top in all classes, and

being head girl at hogwarts. To think you are a muggle born

is even more impressive. You had no idea what our kind is like,

to knowing more than anyone else at hogwarts. We have

got word of yours and Mr Potter's engagement and would like to

invite him to become an auror as well. We would like you to start here

this June 1, hope to see you there along with Mr Potter.

Sincerely,

Alastor Moody.

I can't contain my smile. I have gotten the job I so desire, along with James getting to work with me. I look over to him, to see him smiling like mad.

"Are you going to accept?" I ask him, clearly wanting him to. James nods his head. I jump up and hug him, he squeezes me. "I can't believe we're going to get to work together!"

"Me either. Did you guys apply for a job?" James asks Remus and Sirius. Peter is nowhere to be seen. He has only come a few times, he seems very different than usual.

"I applied to be an auror, and got the job." Remus says, I'm unsure of where he is going to go.

"I haven't, but it seems that an auror is what everyone is becoming." Sirius says, nonchalantly. We laugh at Sirius for a bit.

"It's getting late, ready for bed Lily?" James says, clearly tired.

"Sure. Bye guys. I hope we can still do this, even if it's a different house."

"I have a feeling we will. So there is no need to worry about it. Bye Lily" Remus gets up and gives me a hug, along with Sirius. When they leave James picks me up and carries me to our room.

"I'm going to miss this place, it's so nice."

"Ya, but we're going to get our own house. We can do whatever we want there."

"Ya, true enough. Now let's get to bed, we have a full day tomorrow. Meeting my parents, and sister."

"Ya, okay. Night Lil, I love you."

"Love you too dork." With that me and James fall asleep. We have everything packed, now it's just leaving tomorrow. When we wake I put my jeans and James's extra Gryffindor sweater on. He puts his jeans on and a sweatshirt.

"Ready to go down?"

"I suppose so." I tell him with a sigh, clearly not wanting to go at all. James takes my hand and we head down to the great hall.