Chapter 18: The Wedding

So for the next while me and James planned the wedding all out. There were no bridesmaids, we only had Sirius and Remus in the wedding. Peter didn't want to be apart of the wedding. Sirius will be James's best man, and Remus is going to be 'man of honor' for me. As we were sending out invitations, I was confused whether or not I should invite Severus. My brain told me not to, he was going to be no good there, but my friendship in the past keep telling me to invite him. We had been through most everything together in the first five years, before he called me a mudblood. I knew to invite Petunia, she is my sister. Whether or not she is coming I don't know. The suits the guys picked out are black, I choose James to wear a gray shirt with a red tie, Sirius has a white shirt and red tie. Remus is also wearing a white shirt, but a yellow tie. My mum and dad will be walking me down the aisle, and James's parents will walk him down. The wedding is tomorrow. We are having it outside, and Dumbledore will be officiating the wedding. I decide that it will be best not to invite Severus, after all the recent events it would be a bad idea. I put the quill up and go to bed. James was still out with Sirius and Remus so I don't know when they will be back. The ceremony isn't until four, so we will eat breakfast together and then I will get ready for the wedding. I told Remus he can either go with James or stay with me. I told Rose and my mum to not come, I wanted almost everyone to be surprised at the dress. Mum and Rose know the dress, but nothing else. Along with Sirius and Remus. I pick up my book and read until James gets home. I read for an hour, and then decide to go to bed. When I wake up at one in the morning I get nervous. I get up and start to clean while I wait, half an hour goes by. I can't stand him being gone this long, so I go follow his trail, bringing the invisibility cloak, in case I was just being paranoid. I go to the bar they were going to, and they were still there partying. I hide in the corner, where no one is standing. I decide it was probably time for James to come home, but him and Sirius were hammered, and Remus was staring off into space. I walk over to the clock and make it chime, Remus looks over in that direction. He sighs and gets up.

"James, Sirius, we need to leave."

"Wait, Remus one more shot..." Sirius says, words slurring together.

"No, we need to leave." Remus grabs their hands about to apparate. I leave and go home. I put the cloak back and get into bed. I pull my book out and read a bit more. I hear them come in.

"Lily we're home!" James yells. I laugh at him being this drunk. I giggle a bit and get out of bed.

"Glad to see your home safely, did you have fun honey?"

"We did, now Lily if you don't mind, I would like a bit of sugar."

"Oh I would, but we're saving the kiss for tomorrow, remember?"

"Oh yeah that right. Well we better get off to bed." James stumbles over to the staircase, where Remus and I both help him up. We get him in bed and he is out within seconds.

"Sorry we're home so late."

"I don't mind. I hope you all had fun."

"Yeah we did, I keep them both in check for you too."

"There is no need for that. Do you want me to help you with Sirius?"

"If you could please." We walk downstairs where Sirius in sitting in a chair, changing from human to dog. The only issue with this is altering his form makes it so his clothes don't fit. We walk over and grab, dog Sirius and bring him into the room he is staying in. We get him into bed before he changes back and falls asleep. I hug Remus goodnight and then go to bed myself. When I get in the room James is snoring louder than anyone I know. I shake my head and go lay next to him, where I eventually fall asleep. When I wake up it s seven in the morning. I lay there for a bit, trying to fall back asleep. I was unable to sleep again so I get up and shower. When I get out James is still asleep. I go downstairs to make breakfast. No one else is awake. I pull out everything to make pancakes for everyone. When they are done I go and wake everyone up. Sirius and James can barely look into the light, that is before I cast a spell on them. I offer do use the same spell on Remus, but he declines. While we eat Remus jokes about how they acted last night.