Chapter 24: Expecting

I wake up the next morning, Sunday, and feel sick. I get up and hurry to the bathroom. Right as I get to the lu I start to throw up. After a few minutes I hear James come in after me. He puts his hand on my back and starts to rub my back.

"Lil, wanna stay home today?"

"No, we can still go to your parents. I've felt sick for multiple mornings now."

"What, your kidding right?" James sounds panicked.

"No..."

"When was your last period?"

"About a month ago..."

"I think your pregnant."

"What, no. I couldn't be. Were not ready for this."

"Well, you're not ready for this. I've honestly been hoping we might be able to have a child soon. Lil, we never know how long we have before Voldemort comes. Before we die. I mean, look at everything you've been through in a matter of 2 years. I think we can handle a child."

"James, were 20 years old. Not old enough to have a child..."

"I don't give a damn how old we are. Besides you might not even have a baby. We should at least check though."

"Ok, can you go out and get a test? I'm going to lay down."

"Sure Lil. Do you want to owl my parents and tell them we can't come?"

"No, I still want to go see them. Is Remus and Sirius coming?"

"Obviously. I'll be back soon."

"Ok, please be safe." James apparatus to the nearest store. I go and lay back down in the bed. I close my eyes to sleep but just seem to think of coming. I hear a faint pop and James in back. He hands me a test and I go and take it.

"So?" James asks as soon as I walk Back out with it in my hand. I wave it because that's what i've seen people do.

"Won't know for thirty more seconds."

"Ok. Although I want to have a child, it doesn't matter to me right away." I look down I see two little red lines. I suddenly feel sick again. I start to breathe heavily. I feel tears fall out of my eyes.

"Lily? Is everything ok?" I look at him. James comes and hugs me so tight I struggle breathing.

"James, you're going to be called 'Dad' in about nine months." I smile at him. He starts to tear up as well.

"Oh my god. Lily we're going to be parents!" James kisses me. He holds me in a hug for what seems like forever.

"James! Lily! Are you guys here?" It was Sirius calling from downstairs. James pulls away and starts to walk that way. I follow behind him.

"Yeah we're here..."

"Great I'm starving and want something to eat." I laugh to myself. Sirius and Remus are here. James pulls out eggs. I sit next to Remus.

"Wait Lily you're not cooking?" Sirius asks scared. I shake my head no. "Let's go Remus, I choose life." Sirius stands up dramatically. Remus stands up as well.

"I'm not that bad of a cook..."

"Really how about the time when you burned the stove..."

"Hockey puck cookies..."

"Flower and sugar are different..."

"Ok Ok I get it." James says sheepishly.

"Let's go out for breakfast then. There's a small dinner in Surry. Let's try there." I suggest. Everyone nods in agreement. I heard from someone apparating while with child is a bad idea. "I want to drive there too. I think it will be nice to see the trees. Take our time."

"That will take forever Lily." Remus sighs. Clearly not wanting to take the long way around. I give James a look. Hopefully he can understand what it means.

"Ya I agree with Lily. Lets enjoy our ride. We can get music playing as loud as we want. This will be great." With adding music Sirius is all the sudden on board. Remus drives us and Sirius sits in the front with him. We get some music playing loudly. I lean over to James.

"Do you want to tell them over breakfast?" I ask him quietly. He doesn't hear me so I elbow James in the ribs.

"Ouch! Lily..."

"I was asking if you want to tell them I'm pregnant at breakfast?" The music suddenly stops. Remus pulls the car to the side of the road.

"Lily, you what now?" Sirius asks, they turn around so they can see me and James.

"Now works Lily." James tells me. I look over and smile at him.

"Me and James found out we're pregnant this morning..."

"And it taken you this long to tell us?"

"We've been with you less than an hour..."

"The second we got here we should have been told the second we entered your house." Sirius puts a hand on his chest. He looks so sad and disappointed. "You have broken our hearts."

"Since when did you have a heartmate?" James asks laughing.

"Wow James so funny." Sirius laughs. My and James are laughing in the back we are trying not to cry. Remus is laying on the wheel for support. Once we get a hold of ourselves Remus starts to drive again. We go to the dinner and after we wander around shops. Remus and Sirius are telling me everything I can and can't do, eat, and how much sleep I need. I will have to tell the ministry tomorrow and go to the doctor.

"You will need to choose a godfather." Remus says, I look to James for this one.

"I'm not choosing." I tell them. "I can't, this is an impossible choice."

"So you make me choose?"

"I think it should be Sirius. You guys know each other on a deeper level longer than I have with you."

"Fine, but our next child Remus you will be the godfather..."

"Next?" I ask James, trying to mess with him.

"Well yeah. I want both a son and daughter."

"He's been dreaming of having a son and daughter for ever now Lily. Won't be your choice. If he has to have 5 other children in the way then so be it."

"I think I can at least put a limit to the amount of children." We drive back to our house after a nice afternoon. I shower and get ready to leave for the Potter's. I put on a navy dress with white polka dots. James is downstairs with Remus and Sirius. James put on a button down shirt and khaki shorts. Sirius is wearing shorts and a tee shirt, while Remus is wearing jeans and a sweater, despite the warm weather. We pile back into the car. Jame is driving this time while Remus sits back with me. He falls asleep quickly. We play music and I also fall asleep.