Chapter 27: Our son grows up

"Lily, I hope you know that you can't go back. There is no recovery available. The most important thing you need to know is how your love saved Harry." I was still holding on to him. I pull away and meet his eyes.

"Where is mum and dad?" I didn't realize just how much I missed then till that moment. The other thing, I am in nice clothing. Not white. I have my denim sun dress on. So often I thought this place would be super white and clean. It, however is not. We are no longer in a hogwarts room, but rather a large beautiful garden. In the middle is a tree. It is huge and so many leaves.

"There is a leaf for everyone. When you dies we have you pick your leaf. Come on Lily, lets get yours." I walk with My brother, Harry. As soon as I approach, I see it. The leafs are so pretty, but even better instead of the webbing there are names. I see mine, Lilly Evans Potter. Right next to it is Harry James Potter. I pick mine. It wilts right away.

"That means this is official. No going back." I look at him. My heart aches. I will only see Harry in hopefully 80 years. I let my tear slide down my face.

"Where is James?" I ask, the longing is prominent in my voice.

"Right here- Jeez lily I missed you too." I threw myself in his arm.

"What about Harry? Sirius and Remus? How are we going to Live without them, how will Harry live without us?"

"We will watch over him, everyone. Lily, I know we will go and see Harry on last time." I nod my head. Soon my parents come over with James' parents. Me and James soon fit in with everyone. After I told him everything that happened when I first met Harry, he wasn't mad at me.

"I know why you did it. I would do the same." Nothing is predictable here. One day we could have a quiet afternoon to ourselves, and another we would have a big family brunch. One thing we always did was watch over Harry. We saw him be neglected by my sister, never in a million years did I think that would happen. We saw him go to hogwarts. A few times we saw him in the mirror of erised. We saw him and his friend, Ron Weasley, take a car. James was laughing his arse off the whole time. James was right about many things, the first being we would see him again.

"Lily! Harry needs out help. We need to go." I was confused but listened. I looked at Harry and he was fighting Voldemort. Oh no. There wands make a connection and we both go as fast as we can. For the first time in over 14 years I see my son in person. I wasn't able to pay attention to Voldemort, I was focused on Harry.

"We can give you a moment but only a moment, Do you understand Harry?" James asked him, I was still in awe of our son.

"Take my body back will you." At that moment we all went to Voldemort and distracted him. I ran right into him and appeared back to the garden. A year later me, James, and Regulus caught Sirius before he fell. James was happy to have him back. DUmbledore can the next year, at the hands of Severus. He explained everything to us and we all accepted what happened. Me more than James. The next year we seen Harry again. Remus came to us right before we went to Harry.

"Congratulations Remus, a son. NIce to meet you Tonks." I said to them. Before-

"Lily, we need to go to Harry. He just found out he needs to die. Look at the man he has become." Me, James and Sirius go to him.

"Harry." I say, he walks to me. I reach my arm to him. He tries to grab my hand but it just passes through.

"I'm scared he says."

"You are so brave my son." James says to him. I look at how he has grown. The last time I say Harry he was still a babe.

"Remus, What about your son?"

"Others will tell him what his parents died for one day he will understand."

"What does it feel like? To dies?"

"Quicker and easier than falling asleep." SIrius tells him carefully.

"I'm scared." Harry says to James, how they look alike.

Harry turns back to me, I straighten up.

"Will you stay by my side?"

"Always." With that he dropss the stone and we are all back. I don't recognize where we are till I see Snape. I take a breath and smile.

"Hey Sev." He turns around to me.

"Where am I?"

"Heaven. This place is where you choose where you have felt most at home. Where are we?"

"The hill we used to go to. How am I here? I was a terrible person. I treated your son so cruelly and I was a death eater, I killed Dumbledore, I had no regard for anyone until the prophecy was spoken. I wanted to save you you know?"

"I know, and you tried, but my child has always been more important. I was going to have a child on earth you know. Sometimes lives have to be given for someone else."

"Why did you choose James?"

"Because I saw something in him. I knew he would treat me perfectly. You put Voldemort before your studies even. You have changed now, everything you did was for Harry and the greater good. Come now, ask as many questions as you wish but I need to show you something" I start walking and Severus follows me. I take him to the tree. When we pass through it takes both of our breath away. No matter how much I see it the tree always does.

"There is a leaf for every person. As soon as you pick yours you will be 100% dead." I pull my leaf out of my pocket and show him. Severus goes and picks the smallest leaf.

"It represents my life. Small, but meaningful to some people." I continue to show severus around till we go everywhere. He goes to find Dumbledore while I make my way back to the tree. I sit there while I watch Harry fight Voldemort. He wins of course. I sit back while I relax. Harry is finally safe for a bit. I see James walk in with a redheaded boy though. I recognize him as Fred Weasley, one of Harry's friends. I lay down on the grass and close my eyes while it's peaceful.